Zombie books

Associate
I'm a massive zombie movie fan and recently started buying a few zombie books namely,

World War Z.
Blood crazy.
Day by day Armageddon.

Anyone got some good suggestions to add to my collection?

Cheers,

Richy.

Soldato
The Zombie Survival Guide from Max Brooks is also a must. There is also a comic called The Walking Dead, I'm not into them at all but pretty decent series and quite a big back catalogue to read through for new comers now.

EDIT: Also not a zombie themed film but The Cell by Steven King is similar to the theme.

Last edited:
Associate
There is also a comic called The Walking Dead, I'm not into them at all but pretty decent series and quite a big back catalogue to read through for new comers now.

The Walking Dead Compendium 1 has been released - contains issues 1-48 (the first 8 graphic novels.) Bearing in mind it's over 1000 pages, Amazon has it for a bargain £25.

Soldato
The Walking Dead is absolutely epic.

I really didn't enjoy The Zombie Survival Guide. It took me weeks to get through as it was so thoroughly boring.

Soldato
Oh I just remember seeing The Illustrated Guide to stories in Survival Guide in Waterstones, although didn't look inside the book but might be worth looking at.

Soldato
The Walking Dead Compendium 1 has been released - contains issues 1-48 (the first 8 graphic novels.) Bearing in mind it's over 1000 pages, Amazon has it for a bargain £25.

Think I'll bag a copy of that looks good thanks for the heads up.

May have to wait to read it till i get back to the UK though, shipping 1000pages to korea could be expensive to say the least.

Associate
The Walking Dead compendium is certainly worth getting.....£25 is really good value.

I also liked 'Hater' by David Moody. Its sequel 'Dog Blood' is out in June. Not strictly speaking a zombie book, but similar.

Associate
Death Star or Mount Doom, it depends on the day.
The Zombie Survival Guide from Max Brooks is also a must. There is also a comic called The Walking Dead, I'm not into them at all but pretty decent series and quite a big back catalogue to read through for new comers now.

EDIT: Also not a zombie themed film but The Cell by Steven King is similar to the theme.

The Zombie survival guide is ace. Someone has put some serious thought into tactics of how to kill of the undead. I have also heard there is Pride and Predjudice with Zombies too. Don't know what its like though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pride_and_Prejudice_and_Zombies

Associate
OP
Just finished world war z the other night and although I loved it part of me found it quite frustrating to read. It's split to into a series of interviews/stories they sometimes skim over events and situations that sound really interesting but quite often left frustrated wanting to find out more. Especially would have loved to have read more about the dogs they used during the cleanup.

Associate
The Walking Dead compendium is certainly worth getting.....£25 is really good value.

I also liked 'Hater' by David Moody. Its sequel 'Dog Blood' is out in June. Not strictly speaking a zombie book, but similar.

Fantastic shout. I ordered this last week and I have been reading it on your reccomendation alone! I have not read in years " comic books " so it took me a while to stop rush reading the dialouge and slow down to really look at the art. A great gripping story , and the characters ( should they live ) just get better as I enter the 2nd half of the compendium. Fan of the genre and found the book a great addition to it. Fully reccomend it to all.

Cheers
KJ

Soldato
Day By Day Armagedon is worth A read.

Jcb33.

*EDIT* Ignore me, failed to see you had already read it, but the second book has just come out, and is also cracking :D

Jcb33.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom