£30 to spend on steam game/games what should i buy

Soldato
already have AVP,METRO,CRYSIS+WARHEAD,RED FACTION GUR,

not sure what to get i do lack any driving games on pc and i do have a logitech gt wheel which i use for gt prologue on ps3,

really just can't decide too many to choose from and only really got into pc gaming the last 4 months or so

Soldato
make sure you pick up the Deus Ex pack for £3 whilst its on midweek madness :)

TRINE is a no brainer for £4.25 (from £16.99) also on sale til tomorrow i think

GRID is totally worth it, but you would be much better off getting it online as you can pick it up for £6.99 instead of steams £19.99 same with DIRT 2

edit - The original colin Mcrae DIRT is £6.99 on Steam too....another VERY good game :)

Last edited:
Associate
Grid is pretty good but will turn up in a Steam sale sooner or later for a few pounds.

Sol Survivor can be had for £7 and is a pretty sweet tower defence game with multiplayer. I've clocked up over 100 hours on it so far.

Can't recommend Trine enough, especially with the 75% off.

Soldato
OP
half tempted to wait for splinter cell on the 30th always been a fan of the series been a bit dubious up to now until i see some pc reviews from a gamers aspect. Hoping it's highly polished game and not just a shoddy port from the 360 version...

to many choices :(

Soldato
Grid is pretty good but will turn up in a Steam sale sooner or later for a few pounds.

Sol Survivor can be had for £7 and is a pretty sweet tower defence game with multiplayer. I've clocked up over 100 hours on it so far.

Can't recommend Trine enough, especially with the 75% off.

How good is that sol survivor game? I have something similar on steam from a while back but it didnt have multiplayer. How does the multiplayer work in it?

My suggestion would be BFBC2 to the OP if you enjoy FPS games!

Man of Honour
Deus Ex games are £1.50 each - BARGAIN.
(In spite of what people say about invisible war, it's easily worth £1.50)

Bit old now so may seem a little clunky to a newcomer to PC gaming. You can count the number of better games than Deus Ex on the fingers of one hand though. After an unfortunate accident involving a chainsaw.

Associate
How good is that sol survivor game? I have something similar on steam from a while back but it didnt have multiplayer. How does the multiplayer work in it?

My suggestion would be BFBC2 to the OP if you enjoy FPS games!

Well it has been my most played game of the last month and it's still going strong.

campaign mode is pretty much tower defense. The mulitiplayer side of it has a co-op mode, a verses mode and wars.

Wars is my favorite. It involves sending creeps to your opponents base to kill their guys. The more creeps you send the more money you get to spend. The more towers you have the more it costs to maintain them. It's all about multitasking, finding the right balance and sending the right creeps.

The game is slowly taking off and is being well supported by the developers. Take a look on their Steam forum and you will see that they are 100% behind their baby.

I used to spend hours on Defense Grid but this thing walks all over it.

Their is a demo on Steam but I hear this doesn't give a great impression of the game. It cost £7, not much to lose.

Permabanned
I was planning on popping 30 quid on BF:BC2 today but after reading about the latest patch i might hold off until next week or whenever they fix it. Will have a to have a dig around the bargains section on steam instead later, I never seem to have played the DEUS games somehow so they'll be first on the list at only 3 quid.

Associate
What is Assassins creed 2 retailing for? Its well worth buying much better than the first.

If not, Pick up Just cause 2 or Orange box

Back
Top Bottom