F1 Commentary team

Associate
Does anyone else think that the commentary team, in particular Brundle are letting their opinions of schumacher's performances cloud their "unbiased" commentaries, and in turn give poorer quality commentary?

I am a fan of schumacher in general, i havent been impressed with his performances so far this season but i dont allow my like/dislike of him to spoil my enjoyment of the grand prix.

Opinions?

Soldato
News flash: British F1 commentators have strong opinions about Schumacher

Personally I think they're being pretty calm about it. If it were happening in the 1990s even early 2000s the ridicule would be 100x worse.

Man of Honour
I would switch to R5L but enjoy listening to Brundle. Its just leg-end I can't stand. He is marginally better than fat head though.

Soldato
I actually think Brundle is a great commentator - but no one will surpass Murray Walker in the other role

R5L I like, and really like Anthony Davidson , the other guys (tv/radio) are completely forgettable in a bad way

to OP - when /if Schumacher does anything noteworthy look at how they will all lick his *** as they did before he left

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Brundle is fine by me, Nobody can beat his Grid walks, Legendary stuff.

As for Schumi I would have ripped the Bejesus out of him when he got done then over cooked it at the next bend. Ripping the crap out of people is Awesome fun no matter who they are.

Man of Honour
Nobody can beat his Grid walks

I agree his grid walks and pre/post race stuff is good. but it's embarrassing listening to him commentate. especially once you have listened to R5L.

get R5L for race commentary and Brundle for pre/post race stuff.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Since Murray retired, there's only been one decent commentary team anywhere in Motorsport - the Fox NASCAR coverage. Chris Meyers and Jeff Hammond in the 'Hollywood Hotel', Mike Joy, Larry McReynolds and Darrell Waltrip in the booth, and a set of decent pitroad reporters in Dick Bergren, Krista Voda and Steve Byrnes. When the Fox coverage ends in a few races time I probably won't most of the races live.

As far as F1 goes, I don't mind Leggard too much simply because James Allen's later ITV work raised my blood pressure to dangerous levels (which is a shame, because he's a very good journalist). It might have been an ITV thing though, because even Brundle started to grate.

Soldato
I agree his grid walks and pre/post race stuff is good. but it's embarrassing listening to him commentate. especially once you have listened to R5L.

get R5L for race commentary and Brundle for pre/post race stuff.

You what? :confused:

Brundle's commentating is a revelation. He spots things that very few others do.

Legard is embarrasing to listen to, I'll grant you that.

Caporegime
brundle is crap at commentating compared to how he was in the murrary days he used to offer a lot of technical insight etc but now he just seems to be in the shadows knowing if he does try to offer up any valuable info or point something out legidiot is likely to shout over him about some rubbish anyway.

there doesnt seem to be any chemisty between the two at all i cant even think of anyone who legidiot could possibly work with, james allen might have been a bit of a nob but he worked a lot better with brundle than legidiot

Man of Honour
Have to agree with everything AcidHell2 has said so far. Brundle is great pre-race for the grid walk and post race for the analysis. But for actual commentary the R5L partnership is far more enjoyable to listen to (Legard just drives me up the wall), Anthony Davidson gives just as much technical knowledge if not more than Brundle and Crofty isn't too shabby either.

Back
Top Bottom