Spec me something to do

Associate
Since quitting MMOs/MOFPS I've re-kindled my very very irritating attention span, as have my close rl friends who quit along with me.

I need a new hobby, or just something to do with my friends and/or girlfriend on an evening basis. Over the last 4 or so years my rotation has been either watch TV, watch a movie or play computer games all of the previous would be either with my friends or my girlfriend. Now I'm kind of sick of it, and need something else to do on a low budget. Preferably something that gets me outside, interacting with others.

Anything you guys could recommend? Any classes, or a type of club, or an activity? Any voluntary work you got a kick out of? We're all in our 20's.

Man of Honour
Rock climbing is good for a laugh and can be done relatively cheaply if you've got a decent outdoors area near you, it's not all that cheap if you're using indoor climbing walls but I'd still recommend it.

Soldato
The possibilites are endless. For a start I'd recommend a bit of exercise (communal or otherwise) whether that be the gym, swimming, jogging or a racket sport, anything, go to stuff with your fellow quiters.

As for stuff to do, just go do anything and everything around where you live, even if it looks rubbish, but it's something to do and new, you might find something out about yourself.

Soldato
Play paintball, most of the guys I play with are computer enthusiasts as well. It's also mucho fun and it's OUTSIDE! If you've got an aggressive competetive streak in you you'll love it.

Man of Honour
you can get some pretty good card games and play them socially. Magic the gathering is the classic but if you want something a bit more comedy killer bunnies is a good start.

Apart from that take up an evening class? something creative can be fun or learn a new language.

Play some sports, do some exercise, start a small business, become and alcoholic etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom