Case recommendation - £100 and to fit a 120.3 radiator

Soldato
Hi all,

It's time to get a new case, as I've now got a nice "office" in my new house, I'm having a shift around of PCs, and my previous only PC is now moving into the office, rather than being a general-purpose gaming/media PC!

This means that the following requires a new home:

Abit IP35
Q6600
8800GT
1x 3.5" hard drive
1x optical drive

Watercooling for above, consisting of:
120.3 radiator
DDC/XPSC pump/res combo

I previously had all this cobbled together in a HTPC case, with the radiator mounted externally - the new HTPC won't be anywhere near as powerful/difficult to cool, so I'll be re-using my old Freezer 7 Pro in the HTPC.

I'm looking to spend no more than £100 on a nice case.

Unsure yet of whether I want one with a window or not, but it must have space for the 120.3 radiator and pump to be mounted *internally* - I don't want any watercooling parts sticking out of the case this time round!

Of course, specs may change, so I'd like the case to be able to support the larger graphics cards that are out currently (cos hopefully they won't get much larger than they are now!) :)

So, OcUK, what do you suggest I look at?

Cheers!

Associate
...so I'll be re-using my old Freezer 7 Pro in the HTPC

For the love of good please dont use that thing in a HTPC, the noise is terrible :p

As for a case that can mount an internal 120.3 for under £100 you will struggle looking through the Overclockers Case pages. You'll most likely ant a Full Tower Lian Li, Silverstone or the Corsair 700/800D (current popular choice).

Best bet might be to check the Members Market.

Soldato
OP
For the love of good please dont use that thing in a HTPC, the noise is terrible :p

As for a case that can mount an internal 120.3 for under £100 you will struggle looking through the Overclockers Case pages. You'll most likely ant a Full Tower Lian Li, Silverstone or the Corsair 700/800D (current popular choice).

Best bet might be to check the Members Market.

It'll be the Freezer or a stock Q6600 Intel heatsink! Guess I'll try them and see!

I'm quite liking the look of the Raven 2 (I know it's £10 over my £100 budget) because it's fairly "ordinary" looking, and I've seen people fit a 120.3 inside it :)

Associate
It'll be the Freezer or a stock Q6600 Intel heatsink! Guess I'll try them and see!

I'm quite liking the look of the Raven 2 (I know it's £10 over my £100 budget) because it's fairly "ordinary" looking, and I've seen people fit a 120.3 inside it :)

Stock! STOCK!! LOL! Tbh, the stock Intel heatsink is on Frostytech's (www.frostytech.com) Top 10 'Silent' heatsinks, and if its for low noise and NO Overclcoking, lol), then it will be fine for a HTPC :)

The Raven is a good choice, was tempted by one but Im too much of a Lian Li fanboy :D

Last edited:
Associate

I'm hopefully getting that case this summer. Looks lush. And, erm, always shop around? Dunno, if I'm allowed to say that.

Back
Top Bottom