• Hardcore Rush Mode

Votes: 222 15.4%
  • Normal Conquest

Votes: 507 35.2%
  • Hardcore Conquest

Votes: 229 15.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
Is it just me that hates the massive red arrow on the 4x scope, it really puts off my aim tbh.

I don't use scopes on any assault rifle personally, if you tag someone, you can see them at any distance, you know if you hit from the cross that appears, so I prefer using magnum ammo which increases the effective damage at range.

Do any of the scopes actually make your gun more accurate or do they just give you a better view? (Like crysis where attaching the laser pointer would reduce bullet spread, and IIRC attaching the x12 sniper scope to an SMG increased it's damage at range :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Just jump into the online mode. Far better than singleplayer anyhow :)

Ha! I think i'll learn the ropes a little tonight. Besides, the missus is away until monday and we just got a couple of crates in for the lads tonight seeing as we're all off tomorrow so i'll likely be in no fit aiming state :D

I assume that Steam would have updated to the new patch for me aye? I nipped out to the newsagents while the game was downloading and it was done when i got back so never noticed anything. I only have about 10 steam games and rarely pay attention to it.

Soldato
Is it just me that hates the massive red arrow on the 4x scope, it really puts off my aim tbh.

Same at first I really didn't like the x4 scope and stuck with the red dot with everything. But the increased range it gives is really invaluable, you'll end up being pinned down constantly and not being able to fight back if you don't use the x4 scope on maps that are anything but small. Pays to stick with it and get used to it like I did.

Also the comments about being able to snipe people from the "other side of the map" with the AN-94 post patch, I've been doing this with the M16 pre patch, it's not hard if you have decent aim

Man of Honour
Same at first I really didn't like the x4 scope and stuck with the red dot with everything. But the increased range it gives is really invaluable, you'll end up being pinned down constantly and not being able to fight back if you don't use the x4 scope on maps that are anything but small. Pays to stick with it and get used to it like I did.

Also the comments about being able to snipe people from the "other side of the map" with the AN-94 post patch, I've been doing this with the M16 pre patch, it's not hard if you have decent aim

M416 and M16 both rocked pre-patch. The AN94 does so much more damage per hit that it's pretty ridiculous now though - previously it had higher damage (than M416/M16) but less accuracy at range. Now the range/accuracy is high, as is the power.

Soldato
M416 and M16 both rocked pre-patch. The AN94 does so much more damage per hit that it's pretty ridiculous now though - previously it had higher damage (than M416/M16) but less accuracy at range. Now the range/accuracy is high, as is the power.

Yeah I've been using it and can see the damage increase clearly. Maybe it was the AN-94's increased accuracy at range people were getting at. I didn't use or like it much pre patch so can't really comment much.

Sounded like people weren’t aware that it was possible to kill at very long range with assault rifles, never mind :p

Soldato
Awesome face approves of my new mouse:

nzzug.jpg

:D

Caporegime
ok gunna start ours anyone about giz a hand for twenty minutes please

shouldnt take long to fill . then ill go on whoever needs theres starting thanks

Soldato
Stabbing me will be easy at the moment, I've not found my sensitivity setting yet :(
2000 DPI was perfect with my lachesis, but with this I can't decide which feels the best.

The mouse feels good, nice to hold in comparison to the lachesis, infact using it makes me think how bad the lachesis feels in your palm. The mouse also has a really funny button, called "Rapid fire" which can be set to your thumb, using it you can either A) Single shot insanely fast or B) Set up a 3 shot burst for you, exactly like the M16, so you can basically have the M16 in any rifle, SMG or LMG in the game.

Not sure if i'll use that yet, but emptying a whole M60 clip in a few seconds with pinpoint accuracy is beyond imbalanced, and I thought it was bad before :/

Soldato
Stabbing me will be easy at the moment, I've not found my sensitivity setting yet :(
2000 DPI was perfect with my lachesis, but with this I can't decide which feels the best.

The mouse feels good, nice to hold in comparison to the lachesis, infact using it makes me think how bad the lachesis feels in your palm. The mouse also has a really funny button, called "Rapid fire" which can be set to your thumb, using it you can either A) Single shot insanely fast or B) Set up a 3 shot burst for you, exactly like the M16, so you can basically have the M16 in any rifle, SMG or LMG in the game.

Not sure if i'll use that yet, but emptying a whole M60 clip in a few seconds with pinpoint accuracy is beyond imbalanced, and I thought it was bad before :/

I never got on with my lahcesis, it would just spasm all over the place (I suspect it was not the right shape for me and I was pressing down on the back too much and lifting the sensor off the pad). Quite happy with my G500, but it doesn't have a rapid single shot fire mode, (although I imagine a macro could easily be created for that). I use ~3000dpi on my G500, over that gets silly.

Caporegime
The mouse also has a really funny button, called "Rapid fire" which can be set to your thumb, using it you can either A) Single shot insanely fast or B) Set up a 3 shot burst for you, exactly like the M16, so you can basically have the M16 in any rifle, SMG or LMG in the game.

That's very very dodgy.

Back
Top Bottom