Full build £220?

Permabanned
Hi guys,

I'm on a really tight budget and can only spend £220 on a PC. I only need a base unit.

Something for low end gaming really. What could I get for £220 if anything?

Cheers

Soldato
This is as best as I can do:

210x2uncomplete.png

+ 2x1GB DDR2 Memory kit (from elsewhere, OCUk don't seem to stock 2Gb kits anymore) = ~£240 (including your OCUK free shipping).

This is only with a poor integrated graphics chip - so gaming will not be too good. You really need to up the budget to £300 to get anything to play games properly (ie add a graphics card).

Permabanned
OP
Appreciate that - thanks mate. I've put a thread on Wanted section of MM incase anyones got a cheap build going. Might hold out till I can extend my budget and add a graphics card. :)

Cheers

Soldato
You could go for a socket 775 G31 or G41 board (which have integrated graphics) and a Pentium Dual core (a CPU based on the core 2 duo - but with less cache).

The price will be similar to an AM2+ system like the above, as will the performance in games using the integrated graphics (ie. shocking). If you want to do any kind of gaming you will need to buy a graphics card. If the budget is really tight getting a second-hand Nvidia 8800/9800 or ATI 4800 would be great in most modern games and don't cost that much.

Soldato
Best option is a 360 if its online gaming your after :D

But MM's wanted + selling section is very useful.

I know that e'g'ay has often got 9500GT's at about £20, and you should find some stuff to go with, or maybe one with the build up above?

Back
Top Bottom