**** Original Starcraft 2 Thread ****

Associate
I know I'm going out on a limb but does anyone have any spare beta keys? I know this is asked several times but I would really like one.

I noticed that if you pre order at GameStop (US) you can get a beta key but with shipping the pre order is $75! Which translates to about £50 currently which is fairly steep!

Soldato
I know I'm going out on a limb but does anyone have any spare beta keys? I know this is asked several times but I would really like one.

I noticed that if you pre order at GameStop (US) you can get a beta key but with shipping the pre order is $75! Which translates to about £50 currently which is fairly steep!

If anyone has one they're willing to offer they'll probably post in the thread.

Otherwise, best i can suggest is keep your eyes open and take any opportunities you find.. Might still be givaways on a couple websites.. dunno if there have been any europe keys going on facebook, but that's one example.

Associate
they just announced a patch on the login screen the breaking news section how long does it normally take them to implement the patch after the news has been put up ... does anyone no>?

Soldato
Depends, "when its ready" seems to be the general measure. Because it's in beta, they'll be making adjustments constantly. So there's no real "finished" product until release. They'll release the next patch when they feel it's done.

Associate
Oh, quite a big patch indeed!

StarCraft II Beta – Patch 9 (0.11.0.15097)

The latest patch notes can always be found on the StarCraft II Beta General Discussion forum.

General

* The StarCraft II Editor is now available!
o Players will now be able to begin creating trigger maps in preparation for map publishing which will be made available in an upcoming beta patch.
* Achievements & Decals are now live!
o Players will now be able to earn achievements, browse the list of available achievements, and view achievements earned by friends.
o Players will be able to highlight favorite achievements in their Showcase.
o Earning certain achievements will unlock portrait and decal rewards.
* The updated Homepage now includes a Recent Broadcasts panel and a News & Community panel.
* A new Match History page is now available which will allow players to browse and filter their last 1,000 games played.
* A new Community page is now available which features an in-game version of RSS news feeds.
* A new Friends-of-Friends feature has been added, which allows players to easily find and connect with more real life friends on Battle.net through existing friends.
* Additional friends’ presence details are now available from the Friends’ list.
* Improvements have been made on the Voice Chat system in game.
o Please use the new voice chat and provide feedback via the StarCraft II beta forums.
* The score screen now features a new graph tab.
* The art for many parts of the user interface has been updated.
* Hotkey templates have been added.
o In the gameplay options menu select from standard name based hotkeys for right and left-handed players, grid based hotkeys for right, and left-handed players, and classic StarCraft keys.
* Several hotkeys have been changed to avoid conflicts with the "Select All Warpgates" UI button:
o The Set Worker Rally Point has been changed from W to R.
o Build Sensor Tower has been changed from W to N.
o Terran Infantry Weapons have been changed from W to E.
o Terran Vehicle Weapons have been changed from W to E.
o Weapon Refit has been changed from W to R.
o Burrow has been changed from W to R.
o Spawn Larva has been changed from R to V.
o Neural Parasite has been changed from R to E.

Balance Changes

* TERRAN
o Marauder
+ Concussive Shells research cost decreased from 100/100 80 seconds to 50/50 60 seconds.

* PROTOSS
o Immortal
+ Build time increased from 40 to 55.

* ZERG
o Infested Terran
+ Damage increased from 5 to 8.
+ Speed decreased from 1.5 to 0.9375.
o Queen
+ Speed off creep decreased from 1.5 to 0.938. (Speed on creep unchanged.)
o Spine Crawler
+ Attack period decreased from 1.6 to 1.85.
o Infestor
+ Neural Parasite range increased from 7 to 9.
+ Fungal Growth projectile removed; Units in the target area are now instantly hit.

Maps

* We've made a change to the (2)ScrapStation map to make the natural expansion easier to defend.
* New maps have been added to the ladder rotation while others have been removed as follows:
o 1v1
+ Added (2)IncinerationZone
o 2v2
+ Removed (4)LostTemple
+ Removed (4)Metalopolis
+ Added (4)AridWastes
+ Added (4)Coalition
+ Added (4)Decena
+ Added (4)ScorchedHaven
o 1v1(Novice)
+ Removed (4)NoviceKulasRavine
o 2v2(Novice)
+ Removed (4)NoviceKulasRavine
+ Removed (4)NoviceShakurasPlateau
+ Added (4)NoviceDecena
+ Added (4)NoviceScorchedHaven
+ Added (4)NoviceTwilightFortress

Associate
Concussion research decrease was needed but now that immortal build time has been increased as well it's a bit of a double blow for protoss.

At least T will have a better chance of holding off the early Immortal timing attack again now though.

I wonder if the reset will be happening at the same time as the patch, just got into silver now too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wouldnt have minded seeing reapers get a bit nerfed. Still the most annoying unit in the early game.. They can be held off, sure, but...royal pain in the ass :p

Soldato
patch will not be release before friday in the eu night from what i have been reading on the beta forums , so they have been testing it for nearly a week and only just found a bug when released in the us hence the 18 hour delay ?

Associate
Yeah, reapers should get delayed a bit more, but what really bothers me is that the only unit the terran could possibly make is marauders at this point because everything else is lackluster.

Soldato
not sure why their buffing maras again, still think Terran builds are yawn. raely see a mech build from Terran that works. Just seems to be standard bio ball for everything, with a tank or 2 for support.

Surprised Reapers havn't had a small nerf, i.e build time or something

As a Zerg player im quite happy about the Immortal build nerf. I Normally mess up my timings with the early push, so i guess this will make it a little easier.

Still think infestors need a little more!

Good to see some new maps, and of course the editor! how exciting!
Not sure the achievements thing is the way to go.. However it just seems to be the thing in games these days "ohoh lookit my epenis"

Also Scotty, sorry I was nly online for a short amount of time last night, got the account bug and all my placement matches wouldn't go away, got frustrated, reported it and then watched Band Of Brothers, lol

Soldato
not sure why their buffing maras again, still think Terran builds are yawn. raely see a mech build from Terran that works. Just seems to be standard bio ball for everything, with a tank or 2 for support.

Surprised Reapers havn't had a small nerf, i.e build time or something

As a Zerg player im quite happy about the Immortal build nerf. I Normally mess up my timings with the early push, so i guess this will make it a little easier.

Still think infestors need a little more!

Good to see some new maps, and of course the editor! how exciting!
Not sure the achievements thing is the way to go.. However it just seems to be the thing in games these days "ohoh lookit my epenis"

Also Scotty, sorry I was nly online for a short amount of time last night, got the account bug and all my placement matches wouldn't go away, got frustrated, reported it and then watched Band Of Brothers, lol

No problem mate. I thought the bugs would have been sorted by now, no point in playing if we can't log into our own account half the time. We can have some games after the patch is sorted and b.net has stopped sucking. :p

Soldato
i saw some vids of patch 9 and some exploits just to let u all be aware so u dont get so cheesed :p

http://www.youtube.com/user/HDstarcraft#p/u/0/HiFiQ6nI70A

and also i have sc2 but it seems mine hasnt patched and i am still on the old 1 i dont have any of the new maps etc WA****WAT do u have to auto update... which i doubt ofc

EU servers get patched in 2 hours.

Also Indie, if they don't fix the larvae bug then we'll have to 2v2 and you can just Zergling rush everyone. ^^

You can get 10 lings out in under 2 minutes now. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom