clutch problems...maybe

Caporegime
Can a clutch slip just a little bit? Sounds like a stupid question i know but i'm asking as i am not totally convinced about my new clutch. I had it installed 5 months ago and it certainly stopped the clutch from slipping badly ( like reving high in a high gear and low speed) however i'm still not overly sure it is engaging properly.

I have no problems going through the gears e.t.c. but a lot of the time, say when i am in 2nd gear and i put my foot down it doesnt seem to accelerate as smoothly as it should and the car feels like it should be going faster. It is kind of hard to explain and i may be paranoid but i just have this feeling that it doesnt feel "right". One thing that is pointing me to the clutch is that i often give it some beans down the road that i live on. When i get out of the car there is occasionaly a bad smell which smells very much like burning clutch.

It doesnt noticably slip anymore but it just feels like it is not delivering all the torque from the engine to the wheels sometimes.

Any thoughts? Can this sort of thing happen? I need to have it looked at while the clutch and its fitting are still under their 1 year warranty.

If not, what else could it be?

Car is 2000 Celica 140 by the way

Associate
Sounds like it, But best to take it to a garage and have them check see if your correct, and if so get a replacement. Im sure most clutches have a 3 year warrenty as standard

Back
Top Bottom