I think Lloyds TSB have just shafted me? Any Financial heads in here?

Permabanned
just got my annual ISA statement from Lloyds TSB.

last year i got about £400 of interest from them as i have a considerable amount of cash in my ISA.

This year i received £22, which is less that 0.2%... im no accountant but if i divide my savings by 500 the result is £5s more than the interest i accrued.// WTF?!

I have a FIXED RATE ISA, no notice from Lloyds about interest rate change or anything.

Just a bit annoyed and have to wait till the morning as the Call centre people cant help.

Soldato
You had a bonus rate fixed for the first year, which expired and hence you moved to a crappy rate for the next year.

Permabanned
OP
yeah but less than 0.2%?? seriously?

I mean they have had over 14K of my money and they give me £20?

It just annoys me to think how much money they have made from factional reserve banking off of that money and they give me £20 for it... for example with £14k they can loan out £140k with an interest rate of 10-20%. grrrrrr.

Soldato
It could be about right. not so long ago I was getting about £12.50 a month in interest as well as adding a few £ myself. So even though the balance is going up all the time, I now get about £1.15 a month in interest because the interest rates were cut so much.

Man of Honour
My online saver was getting me a good amount as you expect when interest rates were higher (about 5%) but it dropped to something like 0.015% so put it into shares instead.

Back
Top Bottom