Nintendo Wii Component - TV has no audio connection

Associate
I've connected the Wii component cable Red/Green/Blue in to the appropiate slots, but I do not have the Red/White for the audio.

Is there any other way to go about this for audio to work?

Any help is much appreciated

My connections on the TV are as follows:

randomq.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
You can use something like this and plug it into the "3.5mm Stereo" port. Assuming it's an input, and the sound is passed through when you select component.

Also, welcome to the forums and did you draw that diagram yourself? :p

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for your replies. I've just quickly modified the picture to what the two audio connections are actually printed as on the TV.

The VGA connection says "VGA(PC) - Audio In"

The Component says "Component-Video - Audio In"

I'm assuming that lead shown by asim18 would plug into the 'Component-Video - Audio In" ?

Soldato
Yes according to the updated diagram, that lead should work perfectly fine.

Looks like they've just used a 3.5mm connector instead of proper phono connectors, maybe to save space?

Associate
OP
Ok thats great. Thanks for the help :)

Regarding the picture drawing, I found it elsewhere and modified it slightly to my connections lol :p

Thanks again that's a big help. Off to order a lead :D

I assume that 'Component - Audio In' is still a 3.5mm jack connection?

Associate
OP
What make/model is the TV? You sure it doesn't have them on a hidden side panel?

It's a Technika, only a cheapy one from Tesco but it's fine.

All the connections are on the side panel and thats it. The back, top, and other side etc are completely clear. All the connections it has are the ones I have shown in the image unfortunately.

Soldato
My God how irritating. My mate has tv similar where it has the video inputs but no sound. Since he only has a standard 360 he only has the component cable. He was like I can't do it, so I said oh you just won't be plugging something in. Then I came round and had a look and it was missing the blooming inputs.. I'm pretty sure this connection is only for video and no audio. :(

Back
Top Bottom