• Other

Votes: 36 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Don't forget people, that the debate will be shown Live

The second prime ministerial TV debate is being shown simultaneously on Sky News, Sky 3, and the BBC News Channel from 2000 BST to 2130 BST. It will also be streamed live on the BBC News website, and broadcast on BBC Radio 4. It will then be re-run on BBC Two, starting at 2330 BST.

Everyone with freeview should be able to see it, so spread the word

Mods, can you please add in a new poll after the debate had finished at 9:30pm, not before?

I think just have 4 entries, 3 main parties and 'other'

Nix

Nix

Soldato
If they're just going to whittle off anecdotes again, I'm not going to bother watching. If however, they are going to be allowed to actually debate directly with each other over why their policies are better, rather than just saying they are, then I'd be inclined to watch. Otherwise, it's just another pointless drum-beat.

Cameron, I don't care what X person said to you on your holiday to Skegness. I want to know why you feel that your stance on Y will work better than other stances and back this up with concrete evidence. I want to know that you know what you're doing, not simply pandering to the mob. We expect more from undergraduates, so why not the same from those who want to lead this mess?

Instead it's going to be a repeat performance of the last debate:

"I'm better than you two ner ner ner."
*applause*

Fantastic.

Man of Honour
If they're just going to whittle off anecdotes again, I'm not going to bother watching. If however, they are going to be allowed to actually debate directly with each other over why their policies are better, rather than just saying they are, then I'd be inclined to watch. Otherwise, it's just another pointless drum-beat.

Cameron, I don't care what X person said to you on your holiday to Skegness. I want to know why you feel that your stance on Y will work better than other stances and back this up with concrete evidence. I want to know that you know what you're doing, not simply pandering to the mob. We expect more from undergraduates, so why not the same from those who want to lead this mess?

Instead it's going to be a repeat performance of the last debate:

"I'm better than you two ner ner ner."
*applause*

Fantastic.

IMO thats part of the (heavy) limitation of the way they have chosen to do the debates. What is it...60 secs or something that they are allowed to get their point across on an issue. Not a great deal you can do with a few minutes.

Should have made the debates longer imo, with less restrictions. But its a new thing, so maybe it will get tweaked each election.

Permabanned
the sycophantic behaviour towards the 3 leaders disgusts me, i can hardly even watch the News at the moment, they make them all out to be demi-gods trying their hardest to 'save the nation' when in fact they are all the exact opposite.

If i hear one more time, that 'Gordon Brown saved us from the financial crisis' I'm going to go postal.. seriously, its like thanking an arsonist for extinguishing the fire he started :rolleyes:

Soldato
This is not fair on the other parties.

UKIP needs to be heard when it comes to Europe it has at least got a different view on the EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom