Tea

Permabanned
What is your favourite sort of tea?

I have green tea, earl grey, and pg tips. Out of all of them though, earl grey is probably my favourite.

What is yours?

Soldato
Tea from a Tea Bag and is warm/hot will do me :) Although specifically, its PG all the way...hate all this herbal tea etc...

Permabanned
OP
Don't knock green tea till you've tried it. It is way cool, it come in little balls then they unravel. Just don't drink the leaves and you'll be fine. You are probably meant to take them out but i find they make two cups quite well so leave them in.

Soldato
monkey2b.jpg

Associate
recently tried breaking open some pg tips from their protective fortresses and slid them into a cafetiere and brewed the same way as coffee, try it, its realllly good, after all tea is supposed to be able to mingle with the boiling water

monkey would be proud :D

Soldato
I have always had PG, but lately, and I don't know why, maybe the boxed milk at work gives me a bad stomach, but i've not drank tea in a few weeks and become addicted to Black Coffee :s

Permabanned
τσαϊ του βουνού

In Greeklish its 'tsai tou vounou' which means 'Tea of the Mountains'

I bought a big bundle back from the top of Mount Olympus last year, almost finished it.

It is AMAZING. seriously check it out if you can find it.

http://greekfood.about.com/od/mezethesdrinks/a/tsaitouvounou.htm

Greek Mountain Tea is made using the dried leaves and flowers of Sideritis plants (ironwort). The tea is aptly named: the plant used to make it is found on rocky slopes at elevations over 3,200 feet (1000 meters). These plants are hardy flowering perennials that have adapted to survive with little water and little soil. Only one type of this plant, Sideritis raeseri, is cultivated - and only in Greece; otherwise, this and other types are gathered in the wild.

Mountain Tea is enormously popular in Greece, and used most often in winter when levels of physical activity decrease and colds, aches, and pains increase. It is said to have a positive effect on almost anything that ails but, most notably, it is used for colds, respiratory problems, digestion, the immune system, mild anxiety, and as an anti-oxidant. It is also used as an anti-inflammatory and to reduce fever.

Associate
A big thumbs up for the Yorkshire Tea. Although I don't want to offend any hardcore drinkers of PG tips, does anyone else find it to be a bit too weak?

Back
Top Bottom