GAME shutting over 100 UK shops

Soldato
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/game-shutting-over-100-uk-shops

"The news follows this morning's revelation of a 28 per cent profit-drop year-on-year and the subsequent resignations of CEO Lisa Morgan and COO Terry Scicluna.

The number of UK GAME and GameStation stores will be reduced from 677 to 550. That's in addition to the 43 closuers announced earlier this year."

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot, i remember years ago working for Game when they brought out Gamestation and literally had to be the most stupidest thing i have ever seen....and now their closing down a lot of stores together with massive staff hour cuts

idiots.

Soldato
there are two gamestations and two games in the Arndale in Manchester alone, all reasonably busy all the time and one of the gamestations has just opened. They do have more shops than they need in most places, but I'm surprised they're struggling

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Who buys games in shops anymore.

The Gamestation in my town is Superb & I have a Great relationship with my Independent store as well.
They better not close down my Gamestation store :mad: The Dudes in there offer Superb service with Brilliant after sales & have done me Untold favours. :cool:
360 Borked, I exchanged it, that Borked 12 months later so they gave me a Brand new 150w Jasper, No fuss no hassle just here you go Malc. Game prices are Superb & they'll match any deal I have proof of.
Every single time I ask them for something they offer discount & get the deal done. I honestly cannot praise my local Gamestation enough.

Associate
Well considering there are 3 Game stores and a Gamestation in Southampton City Centre alone, we can afford to lose one or two.

They have 2 game stores and a gamestation in Stevenage all within 1mins walking distance of eachother as well, don't know why they want to compete with themselves so much.

Soldato
Were lucky to have Grainger Games in the North East who are cheaper and have better stock. One or two dodgy assistant mind, but they've been moved on last I seen.

It's no surprise really, especially after the takeover last year or the year before.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I reckon I should be safe as we just have the One Gamestation store & One Indi, We do have a couple of market stalls but only two shops. I'll ask when I go down town as I'm off out in a bit, God knows whether they are doing well, They do have quite a few staff.
I would honestly be Gutted if it closed.

Soldato
We have 3 GAME stores and 1 Gamestation store in Swindon town center, all of these within about 2-3 minutes walking distance of each other. One of them is close to permanently empty, its stupid.

Back
Top Bottom