Motherboard Advice

Soldato
£60 LGA775 Motherboard Advice

Hey, my brother has an E5300 powered system that will be needing a new motherboard and graphics card, (he's having the graphics card I have now).

Basically with it being an E5300, it's a bit weedy so I'm wanting to overclock it to around 3.6ghz as an everday clock. I was just going to go for an Asus board but I've kinda lost faith in them now, just wondering what the best board would be for around £60?

It'll need to run 2gb of 800mhz RAM, and a single graphics card, I'll be upgrading him to sata at the same time.

If it can go higher than 3.6ghz on sensible temps/voltages then that's all for the good.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Aye that's looking like the best option so far, just wish Gigabyte did a cheaper P45 board.

I'll see if he can stretch to the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3LR or try to pick one up cheap, they seem to get far better reviews, if not I'll considor the P5Q SE2. Not really much else to choose from! :p

Man of Honour
The Gigabyte EP43-UD3L is a good board and has a better layout than the Asus suggested above. Look at the terrible 24pin socket location on the Asus. I have the V1.2 of the Gigabyte and it's a solid board with the usual overclocking options usually found on more expensive boards. It becomes fasb limited at around 417-425fsb but that will not be a problem with a E5300 as you won't get near those speeds.

Back
Top Bottom