Nikon D90?

rpn

rpn

Associate
My son is thinking of getting the Nikon D90. Does anyone know a revise or replacement model would due out soon?

Caporegime
There are no strong rumors, except that the D70-80-90 upgrade schedule is every 2 years, and it has been about 2 years since the D90 came out.

Possible release dates are anywhere from may to December though. To be honest, I wouldn't wait too long to find out if a replacement comes, there is always a new camera around the corner.

The D90 replacement will be more expensive than the current d90 list prices and the D90 wont drop in value for new prices when the replacement is released.

Associate
I wish I would have gone for the D90 instead of my D40.

D40 is my first DSLR, so it's been good for learning, but I'd like to upgrade in the near future!

Man of Honour
It's a good camera (and I can't see it getting that upgrade too soon as I don't believe an uprated sensor is yet available) but it's also fairly expensive when you factor in a lens as well. Depending on what he's coming from it may be a bit high end (coming from a compact for instance it's a big jump), coming from a bridge camera it makes more sense...

Soldato
Can't fault mine, leagues ahead of my old bridge camera, nice size in my chubby hands and controls are well thought out, I've never found myself wanting a better camera body since I bought it.

Lenses are always an expense but you can probably get the body only for < £600 these days?

rpn

rpn

Associate
OP
Thanks everyone.

He's moving from a compact. My advice to him was D3000/D5000 but he's trying to avoid the upgrade steps later.

The reason for a Nikon is because I'm a D300 owner and he's already talking about 'borrowing' my lenses! :eek: :mad:

Soldato
Well there you go, you've allready saved him the expense of some glass, so think it's only right he gets the D90. Also the D3000/D5000 can't autofocus on some lenses IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom