Lord of the rings bfme 2, C & C First decade pack????

Soldato
I don't know if this is the correct place to post this but here goes.....

I have both games and have recently built a new PC with windows 7 and neither game will load up properly, I have installed them a few times but they just keep freezing before they get to any kind of start screen, I have AOE3 which looks amazing and works fine but these 2 games just don't go?

Thanks in advance

(The pc has an ATI 5770, 4gb of ram, 1TB harddrive and is overclocked by ocuk to 4.20 Ghz, so should walk through these games!)

Soldato
I had trouble with TFD, in the end it took Admin rights, compatibility mode, and fingers crossed.

Even then there was still graphical corruption.

Caporegime
Even then there was still graphical corruption.

With C&C1 and RA1?

To fix that open your resoltuion option screen from the desktop ( I assume you are on W7, right click on desktop), and leave it open, run TFD launcher and select the game you want, and hey presto graphical corruption will be gone.

:)

Caporegime
It works perfectly. I've played upto mission 9 with NOD with no problems whatsoever. And also played a skirmish on RA1 for over an hour with no problems.

Taken from another thread I posted it in, but will be helpful here.

I have read on the CnC forums that people have it running fine on 64bit Vista/W7. You just have to make sure you run the set-up files in Win95 compat mode (if using original discs) and that UAC is turned off when installing them.

Do you own The First Decade? Because that is supposed to work fine with Vista and W7. Again you just have to turn off UAC and then right click -> compatability -> Win 95 and also use 256 colours for C&C 1 and RA1 exe files. And also to stop graphical corruption you should have the screen resolution screen (by right clicking desktop) and leave this as the active window to fix colour disruption.

I'd use Win95 mode, as they do not like Win 98.

This thread is very helpful and lists pretty much all issues and fixes for the C&C games, it does say about TFD but I got the original disc versions of RA and C&C & Tiberian Sun working with those tips.

C&C1/RA1 Graphical fix

Just select the 'screen resolution' by right clicking on your desktop and leave this window open, it fixes the colour issues. Also worth trying the below fix too.

People with original discs:

It's also worth getting the 1.06b_R2 patch from here for C&C 1.

They also have a six player net patch available to download from here.

There is also a patch that I remember for TFD that puts all the handy fixes nicely together for TFD, once I find the link I will add it to this post.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well with your help, C&C works up until I try and play generals or zero hour, But Lotr still just comes up with the splash screen and then just brings up the "stopped working" error message, even with the widescreen fix!!!
I hate BILL GATES

Back
Top Bottom