• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Questions about HD4870 and CCC

Soldato
Hey Guys and Girls

I have a HD4870 512MB and I am using the 10.3 catalysts. Under the ATI Overdrive menu on the CCC, it has options for the overdrive but all is greyed out. How would I go about making these options not greyed out?

Am I right in saying that the overdrive automatically overclocks my GPU or is it similar to speedstep where it clocks down when not being used as much? How do I know when it will activate?

Lastly, my GPU temp shows as 77c idle. Is that normal? Fan says its at 23%. I know that at 100% it would probably be very loud, but are any of these values changable?

Overall, I am looking to overclock my GPU to get some more performance out of it but I want to know the facts about my GPU setup first.

Thanks

Associate
click the lock at the top left, it will unlock it for you.
These cards are designed to run quite hot but i would not recommend overclocking it, if it idles at 77 mate.

Associate
I would not try to use Catalyst to overclock, I tried that on a brand new HD 5850 and according to Overdrive it was good to run at amazing clocks but the first time I played any game I started getting artifacts all over even when I returned to factory settings. I had to RMA it back to the retailer after 2 days, doh! Use Rivatuner or theres MSI afterburner if it works on your card. I used to use EVGA precision for nVidia cards too.

Back
Top Bottom