Configuring Kasperky

Associate
I am finding KAV 2010 frustratingly slow at allowing some web pages to load. It is startlingly obvious that the AV is causing it. I have no complaints of the softare barring this.
Therefor what I would like to know is can I make exception rule entries that will allow me to download trusted pages. Leaving the AV only to check sites rarely visited.
Failing that can anyone suggest tweaks etc. to the KAV to speed up my browsing.
Many thanks

Soldato
When I install Kaspersky I never install the web/anti-hacker/anti-spyware bits, just the basic file scanner and real time protection. You're probably better doing the same.

Soldato
I don't think I've ever used 2010, but in all the versions of Kaspersky I've had to deal with when you run the installer you get an option to either install everything or 'customize'. If you go to customize you should see a long list of different components. Uncheck the ones I mentioned in the other post. And yes, I think you might have to reinstall or at least 'repair' the installation.

Associate
The tweak that is often mentioned to speed up KIS 2010 is:

Settings > Options > tick "Concede resources to other applications"

You could also try changing your LAN settings (if applicable) to trusted:

Settings > Firewall > Network > Right click and select "trusted"

Finally, you could try:

Web Anti Virus > Security Level > Move slider to low depending on the sites you visit and protection level required.

Back
Top Bottom