solar panel help

Soldato
we have a modest caravan in Cornwall on the coast that we pay £600 a year for unlimited use(unneccessary infomation ) but there is an added price of £3 a night for a hook up ,as im always looking for a way to save money ,could i use my el cheapo solar panal instead.
cooking is on the gas botttle,the fridge is on gas so ive just got the freeveiw tv at 5o watts plus the lighting maybe an extra 10 to 20 watts both for maybe 3 hours a day (walking and surfing the rest of the day)
would you say my panel that only kicks out 4 amps would top up a 100 amp hour battery in the daylight hours enough to do the job ?

Soldato
Are these all going through an inverter?

You would save more power by using 12V LED lighting from the battery direct, using case cathodes as these can aso use quite low poer and are 12V.

I have no idea what sort of efficiency you get with solar chargers.

Oh, and 100Ah battery is quite a beast.

Do you already have the solar panel? If so, give it a go, and see!

Soldato
OP
Are these all going through an inverter?

You would save more power by using 12V LED lighting from the battery direct, using case cathodes as these can aso use quite low poer and are 12V.

I have no idea what sort of efficiency you get with solar chargers.

Oh, and 100Ah battery is quite a beast.

Do you already have the solar panel? If so, give it a go, and see!

yes i would need an inverter as the tv is 240v ,the lighting is 12v and yes i have a 4 amp solar charger ,im thinking maybe the battery would lose power over time but id maybe get a week out of it or something ,but yes i may be going down this weekend but for sure the week b4 spring bank ,dont have a battery yet as it died last month ,so thats on my to do list

Back
Top Bottom