Monster Hunter 3 Tri.

Soldato
Anyone got it yet, and if so what's it like?

Seen it advertised and it looks pretty impressive, not just the cut sences but the game play looks good and the gfx are a setup from a normal Wii game. SO if you've played feel free to share you opinions of it. :)

Associate
It looked good and very interesting but sadly i don't think i could stomach going back to my wii these days.

Associate
it does look fairly good, unlike most wii games these days.....

it can be played with a classic controller too, which is a bonus. you can even get 1 bundled with the game.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Ive seen the limited edition of this on the game website for £50, it comes with the game, controller and wii speak, Ive heard you don't need friend codes for the on line, but like a lot of people in this thread Ive been waiting for some user feedback before taking the plunge.

Soldato
It was the best game by far on the PSP for me, and my brothers have been winding me up for a very long time about this release - they have Wii's and I do not. However we all played around 60hrs+ with each other in about a week and a half on the PSP.

If I had a Wii, It would be a day one purchase based on previous experiences.

Feedback from friends etc so far - Amazing.

Last edited:
Associate
Bought the special edition version for £49.99, which given what you get in the box, seems good value. Clear that Capcom and Nintendo want this one to succeed in the west. And yes the chest box is 'light, but not flimsy' cardboard case.

My thoughts are based on a combined two-hours play, so nothing more than initial thoughts.

• Still stuck in tuturial mode, where I can't pick up quests just yet.
  • Controls are fighting you all the time, even on the Classic Controller. Nothing as bad as MH2 on the PSP (only other MH game I've played), but stupid things like L1 + y or a to scroll left or right through your inventory (quickly). Or the fact the the right stick doesn't allow full control of the camera (a la WOW or DA:O), only left or right, and up/down just change the camera view.
  • Have to use the Wii remote to collect the monster in your file. Irritating, if you just want pad controls (although admit I might be missing something obvious here).
  • Inventory management is slightly painful.
  • Graphics and sounds are charming.
  • Online seemed faultless last night, although I only visited the city hub.
  • Fights are engaging, and you have to vary tactics (nowhere near as hard as Demon Souls, mentioned before)

I think it's a game I'll sink more time in to, although I want to complete DA:O first.

Last edited:
Soldato
Picked this this morning for my son And I can't put it down looks like it's a big game the graphx for wii are superb and animations are ace.

ONLINE -this works flawless I'm shocked that a wii game has pulled off a epic online game like this.Seems so much to do the only slight drag is the frequency of the loads but I guess its a trade off for a big beautiful game.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got this myself today and I'm finding it a very fun game. Some things can be a little annoying though, for example I've just opened up access to 2 star missions and am finding the 2nd area much more difficult, and there are lot of items I can't seem to find to use as upgrades.

So far I've only tried the basic sword/shield, the iron great sword and the lance (both iron and bone), and from that limited experience I have to say the great sword is way to slow for the vast majority of stuff, and any passive mob that just runs away will always dodge it. The sword/shield is very fast, and very mobile, but lacks damage. The Lance is quite fast attack speed but you are very limited in terms of mobility as you cant make multiple quick attacks except to directly infront of you.

There are some downsides to the game, such as an OK tutorial for the basics, but there is just tons of stuff not covered, like the stats system, charms etc... and also I unfortunately have an ancient TV (not HD) and so the text is almost unreadable due to the way it's displayed.

Soldato
No one loving this?

I'm loving the game, it has a bit of a lurning curve if you havn't played pervious monster hunter games, and it is certainaly a game that will provide me with more hours of entertainment than any other game on the market at the moment.

Soldato
No one loving this?

Absolutley loving this not only will it be the best Wii game of the year but for me its going to be one of the best across all platforms! The psp games are good but this Wii one is just superb.

I would say that its much much easier than the psp games so far (most of the way through tier 2) and I think its a great introduction for anyone thats not tried the Monster Hunter series before. For anyone that has played MH before there are many refinements and additions in Tri that make it a must buy on the Wii imo.

Also loving the Classic Controller Pro controls. :)

Back
Top Bottom