Bruges - Anyone been? Where to stay?

Consigliere
Just wondering if anyone has been to Bruges before...and also asking for those who have been, where abouts to stay. Ideally looking for a hostel type enviroment. :)

Caporegime
First thing I thought about was 'In Bruges', so don't kill any midgets that are dressed like school children, you might end up killing yourself.

ntg

ntg

Associate
The place is fantastic and you can walk it in a day up and down.

Avoid eating at the main square as they are going to rip you off, there are some nice restaurants in the alleys - ask around and people will recommend you.

Shop around for chocolates as you will find them cheaper the more you look.

Great beers!!! Great food, great chocs!

You can practically walk from the train station to the centre of the town in about 30 mins so no need for transport while there.

As for staying, hmm, can't recommend something specific because I can't remember the name of the place!! I paid around 70euros per night which might be more than what you are looking for. Google for hotels, keep in mind that you get what you pay for!

Soldato
Went there a few years back and it was awesome - sooo cheap and a lot of different pubs to visit!

We even did the obligatory bell tower climb - and visited the "chip museum" if I recall correctly.

There are lots of cheap places to stay - we used a hostel - can't remember the name now though!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Can't recommend any places to stay, but visit the Half Moon Brewery. It's the only one that's still going in Bruges itself and you get a good view of the town from the top of the brewery.

And you get some decent beer too :)

Soldato
Been to Bruges a couple of times, it's a gorgeous city with plenty to see and do for a long weekend. We stayed at the Hotel Prinsenhof which is a lovely hotel, and I've only just seen that it's the number 1 hotel in Bruges on Trip Advisor :). Now I've read the OP fully, you're after Hostel type accommodation, oh well.
Also, watch the movie!!!

Soldato
It's like someting out of a fairy tale, I was walking down one of the streets and I felt compelled to announce out loud to my mate - 'I know I'm awake but it feels like I'm in a dream.'

Back
Top Bottom