Temp Sub Forum Request - Election 2010

Soldato
Hi good Dons - is it possible we could have a temporary sub-forum for the Election? Rather than confining discussion to a couple of mammoth threads it would enable a bigger - more open discussion of all the parties, their policies/manifestos etc?

If everyone things it is a rubbish idea I'll shut up :p

Soldato
OP
It's only a couple more weeks then it'll all blow over, not really worthy of a subforum imo :p

It is the biggest/most important thing happening for UK citizens this year as well as probably one of the most closely contested and critical elections for decades... I think it will generate a lot of discussion.

Soldato
You think it might? really?
Not that it already has?
We've got lots of threads, and more will pop up no doubt, but 2 weeks and there won't be much mud left to sling.

Soldato
just don't go into the threads. Although it seems like a lot of OT thread hijacking is going on these days. Actually it is a good thing that young people in these forums are interested in what's going on as apathy can lead to the extremists getting into power. Something none of us want.

Man of Honour
It happens once in a blue moon and has an impact on all of our lives whether we like it or not. We have a free and open society and people need to air their views and not have them hidden away in some nook and cranny. You don’t have to read the threads, it’s very easy to ignore them.

Soldato
OP
It happens once in a blue moon and has an impact on all of our lives whether we like it or not. We have a free and open society and people need to air their views and not have them hidden away in some nook and cranny. You don’t have to read the threads, it’s very easy to ignore them.

You misunderstand :p I dont want to hide them, I want it so I can post more useful election topic specific threads without filling up GD and upsetting others.

Back
Top Bottom