***The Official Fifa 10 Thread***

Man of Honour
Hold L1 when you cross, you can do this from any area on the wing generally, it seems to aim it directly at a player (even though it's just meant to be for early crossing).

The ball really cannot go out of play when you do this due to the way in which it's crossed, however I'm not sure what settings I have for the assistances, but I cant see there being a big difference, give it a try ;)

As for shooting, you can try putting a lot of power on shots when you are about 20-25 yards while holding R1, if you practice a bit and get the stick angled correctly it's quite easy for these to swerve neatly into the top corner. Obviously this depends on who you are shooting with.

I'll have a fiddle later on and report back, I'll try and grasp where you have to aim the stick in relation to where the camera is, like you say, could be at the ground, or toward the goal itself.

I've played quite a lot(fairly well) online and the key is using a direct passing game to rush the goal, with the odd counter attacking through ball, as soon as you try anything fancy it all goes down the pan. I have played against a few people though, who can do skill moves and such really well, and I got an absolute battering, I really want to learn how to do this properly and implement it when I play, looks like it would make the game a lot more fun :D

It's quite difficult though, the only real move I use often is flicking the right stick to push the ball past players, and run around them, works very nicely most of the time :p

Caporegime
Hold L1 when you cross, you can do this from any area on the wing generally, it seems to aim it directly at a player (even though it's just meant to be for early crossing).

The ball really cannot go out of play when you do this due to the way in which it's crossed, however I'm not sure what settings I have for the assistances, but I cant see there being a big difference, give it a try ;)

As for shooting, you can try putting a lot of power on shots when you are about 20-25 yards while holding R1, if you practice a bit and get the stick angled correctly it's quite easy for these to swerve neatly into the top corner. Obviously this depends on who you are shooting with.

I'll have a fiddle later on and report back, I'll try and grasp where you have to aim the stick in relation to where the camera is, like you say, could be at the ground, or toward the goal itself.

I've played quite a lot(fairly well) online and the key is using a direct passing game to rush the goal, with the odd counter attacking through ball, as soon as you try anything fancy it all goes down the pan. I have played against a few people though, who can do skill moves and such really well, and I got an absolute battering, I really want to learn how to do this properly and implement it when I play, looks like it would make the game a lot more fun :D

It's quite difficult though, the only real move I use often is flicking the right stick to push the ball past players, and run around them, works very nicely most of the time :p
I'll give those a go next time I have a chance. I wasn't holding L1 when crossing before. :)

Permabanned
Just got beat 9-1 argh, was 2-1 till he started doing cut backs and lobs, he was Chelsea and I was Barca and it was like Prem team vs non league, just couldn't understand how the players where so weak at defending.

Caporegime
An awful lot of people complain about cut backs. It's not exactly hard to defend against. It's the ridiculous handicap system that irks me. FIFA will always give an advantage to the losing side.

Man of Honour
Anyone getting the World Cup game next Friday? My copy arrived yesterday and the match engine has definitely improved, lots of little improvements in the game that bode really well for Fifa 11. I like the fact you can import your pro from Fifa 10, though it does reset your stats for the Captain Your Country mode (you do improve your abilities quite quickly though). Looking pretty impressive so far :)

Soldato
Got it on pre-order so should arrive very soon, Will be looking to play it with few people from here if possible i pre-orderd the World Cup FIFA on the PS3

Soldato
Anyone getting the World Cup game next Friday? My copy arrived yesterday and the match engine has definitely improved, lots of little improvements in the game that bode really well for Fifa 11. I like the fact you can import your pro from Fifa 10, though it does reset your stats for the Captain Your Country mode (you do improve your abilities quite quickly though). Looking pretty impressive so far :)

How the f did you get it early ???? :(

But yes, i will be getting it too.....somewhen

Man of Honour
I'll probably get the WC Edition, the small gameplay improvements should be nice, reading the various reviews there seem to be quite a few, like FIFA10 from FIFA09 showed, you only need to add a bit to the game to make a big difference :p

Man of Honour
Yup, just little things like being able to chest the ball on the move, improved heading and keepers that stay on their line make a surprisingly big difference. I've already scored several headers and I've only had the game a day, never really got many in Fifa 10.

Man of Honour
Yup, just little things like being able to chest the ball on the move, improved heading and keepers that stay on their line make a surprisingly big difference. I've already scored several headers and I've only had the game a day, never really got many in Fifa 10.

Yeah, well do let me know if you spot anything else nice like that, will have to go and get it when it is released :D

Back
Top Bottom