The Ricky Gervais Show : your opinions?

Soldato
well after reading the slating reviews of critics of his new show thought id give it a shot myself last night...

imo i thought it was awesome, and the cartoon sketches were top notch as wel. some parts had me in stitches and i can only wish for a friend like karl pilkington. :)

Don
Tbh, anyone that doesn't like the shows (they do take one or two to really get into them) has a screw loose.

Even if you hate Ricky Gervais, the radio shows are awesome.

daz

daz

Soldato
Just the same as the podcasts so it's just another way to listen to them I suppose.

I always enjoyed listening to the podcasts on the train or walking down the street... something funny will be said and then you just crack up laughing and people think you're a bit mental. :o

Associate
I've got the XFM shows on my Ipod and I never get bored of them. I only watched a bit of the show last night, not sure I liked it, as I already had a mental image of them in the sudio doing the shows....will try and watch the next one.

seems very setup to me; they're pretending as though it's just them having a conversation that ended up being funny but then say things that sound as though they knew it'd get this or that reaction/funny thing said so they can laugh.

Associate
seems very setup to me; they're pretending as though it's just them having a conversation that ended up being funny but then say things that sound as though they knew it'd get this or that reaction/funny thing said so they can laugh.

The podcasts are set up in a way sometimes because they will bring up funny stories that Karl will have told them before when they were on XFM, they aren't scripted or anything though.

Soldato
Karl Pilkington has a head like a ****ing orange!

Love the podcasts... I pretty much solely listen to them in work. They never fail to amuse me and I've listened to each of them many times over.

It shouldn't really be called the Ricky Gervais show. As Gervais himself said in the, I think, third podcast it should be called the Karl Pilkington show.

EDIT: Karl has his own show coming at some point this year to be shown on Sky 1 I believe. It's basically him travelling to some of the worlds wonders and giving his opinion on it. Should be funny because in the podcasts Karl is usually unimpressed with the numerous holidays he goes on.

Last edited:
Permabanned

Protip: If you have friends you often learn how they would react to things, then you can say stuff to provoke these reactions.

Go get some friends. :D

Back
Top Bottom