RAM Rating needed

Associate
I am preparing a build using a Rampage III and a 980x CPU. I believe my choices are both tri-channel? My choices for Corsair memory kit (3x2) are as follows: CMT6GX3A1600C6 @ 6-6-6-20, OR CMT6GX3A1600C7 @ 7-7-7-21.

Soldato
Can I ask what the pc is going to be used for?

The kit you're considering buying is seriously top end gear and will cost you an arm and a leg, a pc with gear half the price will probably do what you want with no noticeable difference in speed.

Associate
OP
Computer plans

Thanks. I run my computer 12 hrs a day with contant streaming JAVA interactive charts that change every second and what most would call streaming videos at the same time. Each screen (3) can have 15-20 such T3 downloads running. I have always had top end computers built by others and they run applications competitively for 7 years without breakdowns because the manufacturers seem to produce the hardware for top of the line with prices to match. a decade past--One Gb of matched memory (a rarity) cost as much as today's top 6Gb kits and will cost twice as much for whatever becomes the standard in another two years.

Do you know, or know where I might find information on the benefits of lower Latency when running applications and not just overclocking?

Back
Top Bottom