Risk Technology?

Associate
So im in the middle of interview processes etc with Citi. Normally they do the standard HR interview then u go through an assessment centre but as im in Korea this isn't possible. I believe this next interview is to see if im a fit for the guys department - Risk Technology.

My question is, what the hell is this? Google is turning up much specifically regarding this term, its either broken down to IT related risk or risk management. As its a financial giant, im assuming its developing risk assessment software? Or is this a new fancy term for security?

Please help, phone interview in a few days and got piddle all idea what this is or whats expected of me to work in that kind of dept!

Associate
OP
Yeah I think its a factor of that but most of the sectors it talks about seem extremely finance related positions and no way would they put a computer scientist in one. The only thing I can see related are the short ones such as:

Credit Risk Management Services (CRMS) is responsible for credit administration support and also oversees credit risk technology development.

Even then its back to square one and thats assuming its completely seperate and assuming i will be developing some kind of forecasting software

Soldato
As I said unfortunately in Korea, so that isn't really an option. E-mailed them of course but will most likely here monday then have an interview tuesday. Would rather be a bit prepared before monday

Depends onhow much you value/want the job buy the correct phone card calls from Korea to uk can be had very cheap .......... Guessing at 20 p/m no doubt less..........

Associate
Risk technology probably means risk management / protocols to protect the critical systems / infrastructure. Basically what features are implemented to stop the whole company turning to poop if a computer goes down

Soldato
https://www.credit-suisse.com/caree...on_technology/it_roles/it_risk_management.jsp

IT Risk Management

Individuals within IT Risk Management are responsible for identifying, analyzing, reporting and assisting with the mitigation of IT risks. They also ensure that the necessary business continuity and disaster recovery plans are in place, and are maintained and tested for satisfactory resiliency for critical business processes, in response to a wide range of potential threats.

IT Risk Management covers a range of functional specialties.

Analysis and Mitigation Services
This function provides risk identification, assessment, and consulting services to business and IT partners, making sure that key IT risks are appropriately mitigated.

Business Continuity Management
This function coordinates business continuity activities including planning, testing, and incident/crisis management. Business Continuity Management assures survivability and viability of Credit Suisse in case of significant business/IT disruption.

Regulatory and Audit Support
This function provides support to business and IT partners on regulatory and audit processes, as well as on program-managed initiatives such as SOX and record retention.

Core Risk Services
This group develops common methodologies, policies, standards, processes, metrics and education programs, and drives the execution of global risk initiatives.

Yes not citi, but closest I can find. This is a non-technical role (more about management) if the CS site is anything to go by.

UBS and JPM seem to call this the Operational Risk Team. Haven't checked others.

Last edited:
Associate
A "Risk Technology" role (what I do) at Citi is almost certainly related to developing software / systems to allow the front office to manage financial risk.

This sort of thing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantitative_analyst
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greeks_(finance)

Roles range from pure quant's to pure technologists, BA's, managers, etc

T

Yup, it'll be this.

I work in IT for a major investment bank, and although my own work doesn't relate directly to this (my dept is Reference Data focused), we do have an entire suite of software built and supported internally within the bank purely based around financial risk management.

Back
Top Bottom