software for taking printing passport size photos?

Soldato
Not sure if this is the right place but.

I've got a canon IS200 camera and I've taken passport type photos of the whole family but can't for the life of me find free software which would allow me to print passport sized photos or how to resize the photos so they print at passport size. Even if I measure the passport size photo then choose resize in picasa and chose the same dimensions it totally distorts the face.

Anyone any ideas of how to do it? Or are there special cameras for this type of photo?

PS It's not for an actual passport but for themepark and swimming passes. (6€ to get them done per person) + all the phaffing around in the shop queues etc.

I thought with a good camera this is something I should be able to achieve at home but I can't :(

Don
use paint.net and the crop tool

then image, resize and keep the aspect ratio thing ticked

if you get stuck, send me a trust message and I'll email you back and sort them out for you, won't be until tonight though

Soldato
I don't understand where you're going wrong.

Set the paper size.
Import photos into the canvas.
Crop and resize photos to 35mm x 45mm.
Print at highest quality.

I could do the resizing for you if you want? Just tell me the paper size and send me the photos, all you'll have to do is load up a graphics application and press print.

I have already made a template for myself, Its PSD format and fits 8 photos onto a 6x4" photo. I just upload it to photobox and get it printed properly.

Last edited:
Associate
As above , you dont need any special software . I take loads of passport pickys for folk at work and print them on photo paper using a very early version of Paint Shop Pro. Quality is excellent and none have been rejected . I just go into PAGE SETUP , change the size to 35mm x 45mm and press print . Only problem is I cannot get multiple pictures onto the one page , I have cut a strip across the page with the photo on and re-insert the photo paper for the next one .

Back
Top Bottom