spec me

Associate
due to some last night antics of some stupid joy riders smashing into my bothers other 1/2 car at 3am in morning... I have had to had over the keys for my borrowed mica as they need a car.

I was getting around to wanting to buy a car, but I have had just dropped a big wedge on a house deposit. so I have a small lake of immediate funds.

I'm a bit lost for what i want.

I was planing to give it another year and was looking initial at something a bit pricier and quick. preferably RW drive. audi TT or A4, BMW 3 second hand lotus. etc. I want a car that fun to drive but not a boy racer car as I do a reasonable amount of business mileage, so i occasionally need to look professional.

so was thinking of downgrading my horizons.

If I was buying new I think I would be looking between 11-16K. was thinking fiat 500 abarth but this looks to chav. the Renault Twingo 113 looks cool and although not as fast is supposed to handle well. a hot hatch sounds like a good idea.

I'm open to options.

was also contemplating the idea of leasing a car, but don't know if this is actually a viable option.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think an M3 is a good idea. No offence, but you don't exactly seem the sort that really knows a great deal about cars. The running costs of an M3 i'm pretty sure would not be something to be taken on lightly. Especially when coming from a micra.

You should think about exactly how much you want to spend, and your budget for running costs. The cars you mention vary a LOT. An M3 is a pretty special super coupe, a renault twingo is a warmish hatch, running costs for these are going to be vastly different.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Why not just pick up something cheap to last you the year and follow your original idea. If you finance/lease now your stuck with a car for 2/3/4 years that it dosn't seem like you'd really want?

I was thinking this. but if I buy a cheep banger now I will never get rid of it. I can also afford a new car so why not get one. i don't mind getting a slower lower spec car for 3-4 years, the micra was actually quite fun to drive.

just a shame my new house does not have a garage or i would have just brought my GT6 and used that for a year

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom