Machete disposal

Soldato
Hello All,

I aquired an old Machete a year ago and no longer want it in my apartment. Whats the best way of disposing of this? I dont really want to blunten it and chuck it in the rubbish as someone could find it and re-sharpen it.

Any idea's?

Ta

Associate
We got a knife bin right outside our 6th form. It has the saying "get a life, bin that knife" on it. I get plastic knifes from sainsburys and dump it in there. :cool:

Caporegime
Rang the police and they told me to wrap it up in newspaper, tie or tape it up and take it to the tip.

Thanks guys

Sounds pretty stupid to me. But hey-ho, it's only the police.

We got a knife bin right outside our 6th form. It has the saying "get a life, bin that knife" on it. I get plastic knifes from sainsburys and dump it in there. :cool:

You're my hero, no honestly, you are.

Associate
Why would you want to get rid of a machete! Chopped someone up with it?

The "phoning the police" approach is definately a new method of disposing of a murder weapon!! lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Im surprised they didnt ask you to take it in. They regularly hold Knife Amnesties where hundreds of knives are handed in. Surprised it not a year round thing. Wrapping in newspaper and taking to a tip seems slightly... irresponsible.

Caporegime
This thread can't be serious? Just throw it in the skip, you're really worried about someone finding it when they could go to argos and buy a set of kitchen knives? Melt it down on your stove if your that bothered.

Soldato
OP
This thread can't be serious? Just throw it in the skip, you're really worried about someone finding it when they could go to argos and buy a set of kitchen knives? Melt it down on your stove if your that bothered.

It is serious yes. I am being a responsible adult by ensuring that a knife of this size doesnt get into the hands of someone too young an irrisponsible to understand how dangerous it is and to ensure that no one gets hurt by it.

Back
Top Bottom