Yet another: What MMO are you currently playing

Associate
OP
Lifetime sub for Lotro - play when i can be bothered

---------

Aion
- still find this the most exciting MMo out at the moment, easy to level up and ganking eylos pigeons on my ranger > * .. Massive patch 1.9 out in May, can't wait to combine two uber bows for more OP fun :p

---------

been drinking much sir? you claim it's easy to level up in Aion?

Soldato
I played Darkfall Online, for maybe half a year. Had everything I wanted, but I started not having fun. If it had a system where a city could go built anywhere & anyway like Shadowbane did, it would have been a lot better. The city system got on my nerves.

Last edited:
Soldato
been drinking much sir? you claim it's easy to level up in Aion?

It's certainly not hard to level up then if that sounds better ? .. I'm six months into the game with seven characters and the mechanics really make the game stand out. If there's an MMo out there that doesn't require some form of grind then I really don't want to play it. :eek:

heh yeah I agreee aion is a good mmo but the leveling or lack of quests really hurt it

I know it's a common misconception with Aion, but I've never actually ran out of quests whilst levelling up. Patch 1.9 is released in May which specifically adresses a lot of concerns regarding content, levelling(strangly enough :p) and balance. It introduces new skills and new area's with a ground 'Abyss' and well tons of wierd and wonderful stuff.!!

Permabanned
I'm back playing City of Heroes again. I resubbed the other day as i17 hits in a few days with the new graphics update etc.

Surprisingly the US servers Virtue and Freedom where i have toons still have plenty of people playing and it takes no more than 5 minutes to get into a group, something i missed in Champions Online.

Soldato
It's certainly not hard to level up then if that sounds better ? .. I'm six months into the game with seven characters and the mechanics really make the game stand out. If there's an MMo out there that doesn't require some form of grind then I really don't want to play it. :eek:

I know it's a common misconception with Aion, but I've never actually ran out of quests whilst levelling up. Patch 1.9 is released in May which specifically adresses a lot of concerns regarding content, levelling(strangly enough :p) and balance. It introduces new skills and new area's with a ground 'Abyss' and well tons of wierd and wonderful stuff.!!

it might be better now but at release I had to grind mainly to level and it drove me to quit around level 35

Soldato
it might be better now but at release I had to grind mainly to level and it drove me to quit around level 35

I don't know whether it would be any better for you now as like yourself a lot have quit, there also seemed to be only a few things to do at end level. Aion is definately not a user friendly MMo and levels do take an age. I find the PvP and Rifting immense fun when you can find some !

Soldato
What's Warhammer Online like then? anything like DAOC was? seems to of improved since beta by quite a bit from what i've heard but not played it myself.

Man of Honour
What's Warhammer Online like then? anything like DAOC was? seems to of improved since beta by quite a bit from what i've heard but not played it myself.

Sadly its turned out to be not much like Daoc was.

On the plus side, Ywain server on Daoc is increasingly becoming like Daoc was. :)

Soldato

For the first 20 or so levels it's extremely entertaining, but goes rapidly downhill towards the endgame, which amazingly consists of 24 vs 24 (yes, 24 player) city sieges. Play the free trial to see the best of the game.

Soldato
I saw like over 100 fighting in sieges each side in videos though..but do not think i will try it since i can't find any mmorpg that lived upto what DAOC was even played WoW for 3-4 years which i wish i didn't.

Can't even get my daoc account back though :(

Soldato
Funny enough, the open RvR areas support quite high numbers. I've been in keep sieges that seemed to have easily upwards of 50 on each side, and reminded me very much of DaoC battlegrounds.

The 24 vs 24 in end game city sieges (ie. where you attack your opponents capital) were just brought in with the last patch, and seem to be an attempt to make them enjoyable and playable.

Truth is that the end game wasn't thought out at all, and without scrapping and rebuilding each city, this was the easiest way to make it work at all. They're obviously working with limited resources :(

Sad thing is this will limp on probably for years, holding the Warhammer license when someone could be doing something interesting with it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I saw like over 100 fighting in sieges each side in videos though..but do not think i will try it since i can't find any mmorpg that lived upto what DAOC was even played WoW for 3-4 years which i wish i didn't.

Can't even get my daoc account back though :(

sieges though not fighting inside a city

Associate
Summer break from wow but will deffo be back for the expansion. Have been playing since the beta... hardcore for the first few years but slowly weaned off. The more carebear and controlled they make it the less appealing it is though.

Associate
Playing conan trial for something to do with a friend, i haven't played since release seems to run way better than before also lots of players on it,servers aren't as dead as some people are making out.
I may even get the expansion and give it another go.

Back
Top Bottom