• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Q9650-I7

With a Q9650 @ 4Ghz, unless you want something new to play with I'd wait until the i9 is out (6 core mainstream cpus) and then there may be a new cpu socket aswell. It may be a much more worthwhile upgrade.

It's up to you though. :)

Soldato
I moved from a QX9650 clocked to about 4.2Ghz to my i7 @ 4.0ghz setup which wasn't really worth moving

I did get a very good price for my QX chip though which paid for the i7 & motherboard

Associate
I would Skip i7 till I9 6core to be honest you won't see much improvement esp in game since you're CPU has such a nice overclock :)

It'll be afew years yet before Video cards can max that CPU out.

Soldato
there was review here not long ago i7 and phenoms at same speeds and there was q9650 same speeds at games there was only 2 fps differences.

wait till bulldozer from amd or sandy bridge from intel

Back
Top Bottom