• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cursor artifacting?

Associate
I got an asus direct cu 5850 at the beginning of this week. I've got it oced to 1000. It seems pretty stable I don't see any artifacting in games and nothing has crashed. The only wierd thing going on is my cursor going all crazy.

Sorry this picute isn't very good.

P1010028.jpg

The weird thing is if I move my cursor over to my second display it looks absoloutly fine and then I move it on to my primary and it's all weird again! Do you think it's my over clock? Obvioulsy I can just take the clock off and see if I get it again but sometimes it doesn't go weird unless I play a game for a few hours.

I've done a quick google and it seems to be an ati problem. I must admit I'm not to impressed with the ati drivers. Getting my 2 monitors to work with an overclock was a faff and now this.

Last edited:
Associate
take your overclock away :)

Dont over clock your 5850. My friend has one and has 2 22inch monitors running at 2250x1050 ( i think ) and it runs smoothly. He got his to work with an over clock and there was about 1 fps increase.

Associate
OP

Dont over clock your 5850. My friend has one and has 2 22inch monitors running at 2250x1050 ( i think ) and it runs smoothly. He got his to work with an over clock and there was about 1 fps increase.

Well I don't know what's wrong with his but I definately get more than 1fps increas >.>

Man of Honour
Something wrong with the 1fps increase, in the Stone Giant Benchmark I managed to up my fps from 39 to a solid 47 with 1050/1250 clocks.

Permabanned

Completely incorrect information.

Permabanned
This seems to be simply a problem with ATi cards on Windows 7 with multiple monitors.

I used to get this a lot when I had two monitors (using 4850s).

Since I got my third it's been happing a lot less.

Associate
OP
i'v gone back to 10.3s and so far so good but its only been 15 mins...

lol well mine can take hours before it happens so I'll take that with a pinch of salt :p

Atleast it doesn't seem like my oc is the problem.

It doesn't happen that often so I'll just leave it and hope the next set of drivers fix it.

Edit: I think I'm on 1.3 anyway so don't get your hopes up.

Never mind I'm on 1.4

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom