3D Sketchbook thread?

Soldato
i my self just starting.. know not a lot about modeling it self but i can texture(mapping) good..

but my brother does/did work with cinema 4d.. some of his models..

Rim_3_not__sure_by_grudas.jpg

Rim_2_Falken_by_grudas.jpg

Rim_1_BBS_by_grudas.jpg

Ford_Mustang_GT_by_grudas.jpg

Mitsubishi_Prototype_X_by_grudas.jpg

Mitsubishi_Prototype_X_black_by_grudas.jpg

Nissan_Silvia_s15_by_grudas.jpg

sorry for large images.. if they are too big let me know ill remove the "img" tags..

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Here's some epic fails I worked on years ago and will probably never finish. I gave up my creative side for full time work as a skill less desk monkey, and now I've been sat here all night contemplating suicide because I can't think up a simple but stylish site design. UGH *punched monitor*

These are game aimed models (GTA) and one render quality wheel.

f40woop.jpg

dooranim.gif

a2lolz.jpg

fitjazz.jpg

rialdaytona.jpg

Soldato
dofrender6304875.jpg

this is my current project for uni: Create a spacecraft (introduction to maya) It's my first Maya model, so go easy! not as refined as what I think I could achieve in Max, but Maya (unfortunatly) is the future for my line of work.

It's based roughly on a pod racer, in that it has a pod, and remote jet engines. I wanted a more mechanical look / feel to it though. I plan to continue refining the model, but it has to be handed in tomorrow so I've ran out of time! it's more than enough for an A+ as first year first maya model though :)

DoF was done in photoshop(roughly!!) as the DoF rendering is something I'm yet to get right in Maya.

Soldato
Doing Games Design at uni, one modelling module this year, several next year.

Here's what im working on for this semester, high poly complete, low poly currently texturing:

All in 3ds Max
(click for full size!)

Latest 'spare time' model (WIP):

Soldato
Whilst not being up to the standard of some of the entries in here I'll post some pictures of my current development when I get on the main PC.

Some really cool stuff in here :)

EDIT : Just realised I may have taken abit of inspiration from someone on here for it :o :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
I wish i was as talented at anything as some of the people in this thread.

The camera one on the 1st page is simply stunning, though i love the zombie one at the door for atmosphere...it looks like a game i want to play!

Man of Honour
3D Modelling isn't really my thing, but... something I did out of interest following a friends coursework just to see how well I'd do - its not completely terrible.

lego2.jpg

WIP http://aten-hosted.com/images/lego1.jpg it is actually a complete model - each part can come out like on the real thing without breaking the model :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I completely forgot about this thread. Unfortunately I haven't dabbled with any 3D projects since February, mainly due to focusing my efforts on uni, my design work and developing my painting(see deviantart page). Perhaps I'll give things another go during the summer :)

Some bloody good work though! :) Just too technical and time consuming for me right now.

Associate
Latest creation, deliberately low detail and cartoon-looking. Still need to work on lighting, really never got the hang of it :/

Do you guys use any external tools for UV mapping in max? I really struggle with it on organic objects...someone suggested a program called UV Layout.

3D_Japanese_Kitchen_2_by_Telutamakaria.jpg

Soldato
Latest creation, deliberately low detail and cartoon-looking. Still need to work on lighting, really never got the hang of it :/

Do you guys use any external tools for UV mapping in max? I really struggle with it on organic objects...someone suggested a program called UV Layout.

Get TexTools. /all unwrapping problems

Back
Top Bottom