X-Files - Should I just quit at Fight the Future?

Soldato
Recently got quite into X-Files, but after watching Fight the Future (which I quite enjoyed) Season 6 seems well...terrible.

So far ghosts, time travel, the devil, body swapping, too much sci-fi and not enough 'scary'. Before (1-5) it was 90% mystery and barely any evidence.

Is it worth sticking through it to the end?

Associate
It's definitely not as good but as already said you may as well finish it. It all gets a bit silly really. They should have written it to stop when David Duchovny decided he didn't want to do it any more.

Soldato
Season 6 is generally considered one of the weakest seasons of the lot, so the fact you are finding it terrible doesn't surprise me. It does get better in the seasons after though - still a bit silly here and there in parts but still worth seeing out till the end.

Soldato
Used to love it but the sodding Alien / Human hybrid / Super Soldier rubbish just made no sense and ruined half of the later seasons.

Finish the Series now as youv'e started but expect to be offended by some episodes, especially the 'story arc' ones.

The one good thing about it all though was that William B Davis (cancer man) was superb throughout the programme's entire stretch imo.

Season 5 was deffo the peak for me and it went downhill from there.

Soldato
Season 8 & 9 are my faves.

X-Files is the best thing I've ever seen on TV, tied with ST:Voyager.

I've seen it all from season 1-9 about 3 times now.

Soldato
the only xfiles i watched was the one with the monster in the sewer and it ended with it getting cut in half some how, but it was still alive!

scared me to death as a kid so i never watched it again :p

Soldato
No it was Fluke...a guy that was half dude half fluke worm.

Tooms was the guy that woke every 30 years and chewed on some folks liver before going back to bed for 3 decades :D

Hehe, thanks for the intel, I think my memory of X-Files is just one big mashed up episode :)

Back
Top Bottom