Thinking of a Panasonic DMC-TZ10 can i do better?

Associate
I want to get a new camera soon and I'm thinking of a DMC-TZ10. I must admit that I dont know much about cameras but the reviews and samples I've seen about it are pretty good.

My question is that can i get something better that isnt higher than ~£350?
Size doesnt really matter, just want best quality
Also it needs to shoot at least 720p video

EDIT: Also, this is my first venture out of my usual 'hardware' section of the forums

Last edited:
Associate
If size isn't an issue and you want quality, thought of the TZ's bigger brother?

FZ38 is around £250, 18x optical zoom and the pics are great, even on auto mode.

Some more info on what you intend to take pics of would help for other suggestions.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I will be using the camera for everything really, events, going out etc. I also plan to shoot videos as much as pictures.

I saw the FZ38 but looking at the specs, it has the same sensor size as the TZ10 and the only difference is that it has higher zoom and is SLRish. I also dont get why its so much cheaper. But since they so (correct me if i'm wrong) similar, I prefer the TZ10 over it because its smaller

Associate
Image quality on FZ will be slightly better than the TZ, FZ will be better in low light situations with and without flash.

It's macro mode can focus closer than the TZ, its zoom obviously is further as well 18x at 12mp and 35.2x at 3mp (TZ isn't bad though 12x at 12mp and 20 something at 3mp).

Reason the TZ is more expensive is because of what you pointed out, it has most of the features of the FZ and plus it has GPS (FZ does not) in a smaller body.

As I said, if size isn't an issue and you want higher image quality get the FZ, if you would prefer something more compact get the TZ (Both are great cameras!).

Best bet is actually go into a shop and play with both, also look at the TZ7, it's near identicle to the TZ10 bar the GPS and see which feels better to use and compare pics side by side.

Back
Top Bottom