• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intels Sandy Bridge

Permabanned
I have just read about it and I have to say I nearly orgasmed. 8 cores, 4 channel ram. Ahhh druel! I will be getting one the day it comes out whatever the price as I am already saving for the I think multi thousand spend for a CPU mobo and RAM! I can't wait I love hearing about future tech!

Associate
doubt it'll b particularly spectacular, just the usual progression.

nehalem introduced more cores and an extra memory channel and it hardly made people instantly throw their core 2 duos in the bin.

Associate
Are octa cores confirmed? I havent seen anything official yet.

I have high hopes though, considering these are the guys who made Core 2 as opposed to Nehalem. Nehalem was not that great for me. Core 2 with hyper threading would perform probably about the same.

Associate
Hopefully these and AMDs are gonna be good, because if they are, there could be some nice price wars next year, which is gonna be good for us.

Associate
Are octa cores confirmed? I havent seen anything official yet.

I have high hopes though, considering these are the guys who made Core 2 as opposed to Nehalem. Nehalem was not that great for me. Core 2 with hyper threading would perform probably about the same.

wiki says Q2 2011 for octa sandy bridge, Q1 batch will be quads

Permabanned
sound good, but for me i am staying put, until we really did that type of power or when it is a min requirement to load your o/s right now i dont really see the money, a lot of core 2 oc are power effort to do more than what we are doing...

games mates games!! just because its too much now doesnt mean thats bad, i think its a good excuse to start getting super realistic physics on those spare 4 cores :O

Soldato
Actually the way phsyics work it's works far better on GPU then a CPU :p:D

not if your GPU is already maxed out displaying some insane res at 100FPS :p

however, something lots more cores could do, would be to help increase the AI in games.

AI is generally quite limited due to the processing power required to do really complex AI.

Back
Top Bottom