New Core i7 MacBook Pros reach 100 °C

Associate
Mine gets to around 70c maximum.. but hardly a surprise.. they essentially use the bottom plate as a heatsink. Going off the reviews though, these seemed to be a slight improvement of the previous MBPs for that.

Soldato
That is pretty hot, but to be fair I'd rather have the form of the MacBook that is fine 95% of the time than a big bulky plastic laptop that doesn't make a meal of benchmarks.

Associate
fail. macs are all form and no function.

why make it cool when we can make it pretty.

oh my, a pc troll in the mac forum.

quickly, i know you can't hear it over your massively loud pc fans, but one of your cold cathodes has set the carpet on fire!

Soldato
Wrong. MacBook Pro CPU reaches 100 °C. If the MacBook Pro casing reached 100 °C you'd get some really nasty burns.

Anyway 100 °C is well within the specs of the CPU so stop trolling and go away.

Soldato
Hmm.. my MBP3,1 nVidia 8600M GT would unsolder itself if I left it to cook!

I use smcFan religiously. Current temps 46degC. I get worried when it's at 70.. sometimes it gets to 80s.

Soldato
^^ someone should really just point out bootcamp all ways scorches my knees... (same on my mates older mbp with 8600gt)

I do like the traditional pc magazine immature tone of ZOMG ITS BAD IN THIS ONE SITUATION THAT I CREATED!!! ZOMG!!! Im pretty sure like any normal company apple have investigated the heat levels from the new i7 before making the product

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom