Which 24 IPS Pannel Screen for Photo, Web and Games?

Associate
I am looking for an IPS Panel Screen which I can also use for Gaming. Any suggestions?

Those are my favourites so far:
HP LP2475w
Eizo SX2462w
NEC PA241W

Which one would you suggest or would you suggest something else?

I also need the Screen for Web and Photo Editing.

Associate
I am hardly an authority on the subject, but I do have an HP LP2475w and absolutely love it.

Great screen. I do play the occasional game on it and have no problems, although perhaps hardcore gamers on here might disagree with me...

Man of Honour
Depends what kinda gaming you do, IPS, etc. are fine for most mmos, rts games, etc. but you'd have to be very careful in researching non-TN panels if you do any serious FPS gaming.

Soldato
I assume your budget is £650? If you're not needing to work with "colours" professionally you'd be better off with a good TN panel like the Samsung PX2370 or XL2370. I have reviewed the XL2370 and found the reponsiveness, brightness and contrast all to be fantastic - and the colour reproduction is surprisingly good for a TN panel. I have also used a large number of other TN panels, PVA, IPS, CRT etc. and none have been as good all around.

Soldato
I supply monitors like that to large institutions all the time and I know that unless they are imported models or have some special unsustainable offer the price should be no lower than £800 including VAT TODAY (without institutional discounts of course). Could have been some short term offer? If you could send me a link via my website so I could check it out it would be much appreciated :). Price aside, the OP was asking for a 24 inch panel that would be good for photo editing, web surfing and gaming. The U2711 doesn't fit the bill, although you are right that it is certainly something to consider. Personally it would be my absolute recommendation for a 27 inch monitor for the OP's uses if he is considering 27 inchers.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm afraid certain auction sites don't cut it for pricing. You can get anything more cheaply from certain websites but the stability of supply and plethora of other potential issues means that it is an entirely different ballgame.

Back
Top Bottom