Bad for laptop health?

Associate
When u guys go travelling, is it a good idea to put your laptop in those wheelie handluggage type bags?

Reason I ask is because i had mine in there, and I was pulling it across a cobblestone road. And the bad just vibrating like crazy going across. And i was thinking of my poor laptop (and it's HD) bouncing away in there as well...
I know it was powered down and parked, but all that vibration cant be good for it, especially the HD.

Or am I just too paranoid?:confused:

Associate
Proper vibration may not be good for it but I would imagine its padded by some softer stuff or a case or something while in there in which case it might get 'jiggled' about but not seriously vibrated, therefore its not taking any direct impact as such. Laptops are pretty hardy really - if its padded a bit you can probably chill

Soldato
Aslong as it's off (As you said) it should be fine.

Laptops get dropped/thrown about and 9 times out of 10 are fine, so i wouldn't worry too much about vibrations

Aod

Aod

Soldato
laptop hard-drives are very resilient to vibration and the like, as long as they're off.

the rest of the components... well, it varies considerably. if it's relatively new (couple of years) and a reasonably good manufacturer (not Knakered-Bell or E-machines etc...) it ought to be fine. YMMV!

Back
Top Bottom