Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City 25% off!

Associate
header.jpg

Hi all

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City is 25% off for next 4 hours! 7pm to 10pm £14.99

http://store.steampowered.com/app/12220/

Is it worth it?

Last edited:
Soldato
Not played it but like all GTA games there generally good :) and for £15 its a steal, though of course for £30 this week you could get GTA iv, 1-3, san andreas and all of that so :D

I got it yesterday off the internet for £15.

I got the box and dvd, with map inside. I would not be prepared to pay £15 on Steam for it.

It seems good so far, but I haven't given it much time yet as I am halfway through Assassin's Creed 2, Final Fantasy 12 and spent WAY to much time on Bad Company 2.

Soldato
Seeing as it's already £15 on DVD and i've spent too much recently I think i'll be holding off for a bit, maybe grab it in a couple of months when etailers no doubt have it for a tenner or so...

Soldato
Think im actually going to try and follow the story line for once, never followed them in my life in any game.. i just like to get on with it!

Associate
I saw this on steam forums and wondered if it worked.

Start the Steam EFLC download and pause it after a few mb has downloaded. Find your way to your steam GTA IV folder and find a folder called 'pc' its about 13gb. Copy that folder to the same place in your steam EFLC folder (by starting the download it will have created it) and resume the download (you do not have to restart steam)

Then resume the download, verify files when finished and voila you have just eliminated 8-9Gb of the 16gb download.

It won't all show at once, but during the download you'll notice huge chunks will have suddenly downloaded. This is where the download tool will notice that the files are already there and will count them as downloaded and carry on.

The folder you copy from GTA IV is 13gb yes, but look when you're done and it's now just 10gb. At some point (probably during verifying) all the extra files that are not needed are removed. Very clever.

I have had no problems with either episode. When i first started them even my graphic settings had saved how i had them in GTA IV automatically. And my saves from the episodes show in my main GTA IV game. Even the rockstar social club works fine.

will doing this work?

Associate
Hmm, yesterday I said I would buy it for £15 if the deal turned up...but I have GTAIV to complete, its £15 quid online for the box version, and it'll take an age to download!

Back
Top Bottom