How does a H20 cooler work?

Soldato
ok the Corsair cooler, how does it work?

Do you have to mount it at a vent point in your case? Does the rad. vent out the back of the case at that point or where does the heat go to? I'm thinking of getting one but not overly sure how it actually works :o

the shame in having to ask but....

Soldato
The radiator and fan mount at an air intake/outtake point, mainly at the back of the case, but some people have put it at other locations depending on what suits their particular setup.

Corsair recommend you have the cooler fan sucking air into the case but plenty of people have set it up so it blows out. The problem with sucking in is that you're blowing warm air into the case rather than exhausting it, but even so plenty of people are happy with the temps they get using that method. Also, a lot of people are using dual fans with it in push/pull and are getting great results.

In short, you can mount it wherever you feel you'll get the best temps, it's a bit trial and error as to where that'll be though.

Associate
As said above, it doesn't actually matter too much what you do with the rad.
I personally would have it mounted at the back of my case with a fan pulling the warm air out the back. Just my 2p

Soldato
H20 ? Isn't it a H50 :D?

As said above they recomend blowing air in, if you had a top fan i guess you can blow air out there. Seems like people get some pretty good temps with the H20 actually - after looking through a few reviews.

Wish i bought one instead of all of the stuff of Martini1991's old WC stuff... especially as the rad can't fit anywhere in my case anyway =/

Last edited:
Caporegime
Pretty much as shoot1st says, I think you need a 120mm fan vent to attach the radiator/fan to most modern cases have one directly behind the CPU now which is where it would ordinarily go.

Last edited:
Soldato
One of the biggest problems with this product is that you 'might' need to remove your motherboard to install...
:confused:

Sorry, is there any high end cooling you don't need to remove your motherboard to attach?

Actually I'm not entirely sure about how AMD sockets work but removing the mobo to fit a 3rd party cooler is nothing unique.

Soldato
:confused:

Sorry, is there any high end cooling you don't need to remove your motherboard to attach?

Actually I'm not entirely sure about how AMD sockets work but removing the mobo to fit a 3rd party cooler is nothing unique.

Guess not.. Actually think I meant to say 'bit of a pain' having to remove your motherboard to replace your cooling... :p I'm just lazy at times..

Back
Top Bottom