items stolen from luggage at Malaga

Caporegime
Put a Zip tie round your case (through two zips together) then you can see if it's been opened straight away, and incase they need to see inside it for something they can cut it without having to damage the case.

I try to never leave any valuables in my main case though as I don't trust anyone.

when you travel to america you can get combination locks that customs can open with a key, is there no such lock you can use in other countries?

Soldato
when you travel to america you can get combination locks that customs can open with a key, is there no such lock you can use in other countries?

You mean that TSA can open with a key. Customs are nothing to do with inspecting your luggage unless they take a liking to you. All checked luggage is opened by TSA workers, so if you've locked you bag with a normal padlock if you're lucky it will be announced in the airport requesting you to come back to check-in, otherwise they'll just open it.

Soldato

That is scary, you can be thrown in prison for half your life because some **** might have planted some drugs in your luggage. Certainly got me more cautious about flying, I already was quite afraid of the risk of flying and something happening to my luggage, this vid shows exactly why... Are there any statistics about how often some innocent person gets punished/thrown in prison by some country because of someone tampering with the luggage ? It also shows that if anyone with a little bit of money ( or just good contacts!) hates you, he can **** you over for ever.

I'd love to travel to far countries but the risk of something like this happening puts me off.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The only thing i put in the luggage are clothes.

BTW, how did you put duty free stuff in the luggage??? did you not check them in before you got to the Duty free section? Unless you bought them on the way out, and kept them all during the holiday to bring them back in the luggage.

I bought it all in Gibralta .. its half the price of duty free at the airport... but it has to go in the luggage as they wont allow it in hand luggage..

Associate
OP
I still want to know how he got the duty free into his luggage?

I thought in every airport you check in your cargo hold luggage - immigration - Duty Free - Plane. So you end up taking any duty free stuff as hand luggage with you onto the plane.

If that's the case then how does he put the duty free in his luggage?

If the OP or anyone can explain that to me it would be most appreciated....

sure I got it all in Gibralta where its half the cost of the airport... £19 for 200 ciggs £8 for a ltr of spirits .. etc...

Caporegime
How does anyone actually secure their luggage? You can't sadly. Anything really valuable should be taken in hand luggage.

jimblowscash, get onto the airline watchdog. They will kick ryanair into action.

Soldato
Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, knowing some of the people who have worked at baggage handling there. They'd steal from the mothers if they could. Tbh I thik the only way to be safe(r) nowadays is to make sure you use the solid plastic cases with a good lock on.

Oh, and it's Stansted. Pet hate of mine misspelling it :D

Caporegime
Who puts anything valuable in their luggage anyway. You should have taken it all in hand luggage, however it is interesting to know people actually buy duty free...

Soldato
How does anyone actually secure their luggage? You can't sadly. Anything really valuable should be taken in hand luggage.

jimblowscash, get onto the airline watchdog. They will kick ryanair into action.

dunno what ryanair would do about it though it was an easyjet flight. :p

I think it's just luck really BA were cracking down on stealing at Heathrow I read recently (nno source google it yourself :p )

But it's increase since baggage handlers know that a lot of booze/ciggies are now stowed in the case esp from cheap booze/ciggies destinations like spain and turkey.

Soldato
Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, knowing some of the people who have worked at baggage handling there. They'd steal from the mothers if they could. Tbh I thik the only way to be safe(r) nowadays is to make sure you use the solid plastic cases with a good lock on.

Oh, and it's Stansted. Pet hate of mine misspelling it :D

Indeed but those already use 1/2 of your 15KG allowance before you put anything in them lol

Back
Top Bottom