Hanns.G HZ281HPB 27.5" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Associate
I have this monitor and I have to say its spot on. The sheer size of the screen is amazing not to mention is a must in games.... you wont regret getting one

Soldato
Can we get some pics aswell please guys? I want to know how similar it looks to mine. I'm feeling the need for two but they've gotta match!

Soldato
OP
Pics i will do tomrrow as babys asleep and i dont want to wake him.

Mini review:

Ok it's huge im coming from a sammy bw24" so not a cheapie make. Ok so turning on the hanns 1st thing i notice is the brightness burnt my retna's lol its set to 100 so that went down to 40 much better :D
The sammy had better colours but not buy a massive amount, just enough to notice. if i had to give a scale 10 being best for colour sammy 8/10 hanns 7/10 so no big deal.
No bleed on mine at all no dead pixels. I am very critical when advising other to buy things as most of rely on each other, i can safely safe buy one with confidance really happy. Dont get me wrong it not the best out there the colours are a little washed out and the stand is flimsy but its £270!! buy one Bigbruiseral approves :)

Associate
Thanks very much Bigbruiseral for the mini review.

I've got a Samsung 226BW at the moment so it would be a BIG step up in terms of size but this old Sammy has still got excellent colours for a TN panel.

You've left me with a dilemma.
Do I stick with the old 22" Sammy with 1680x1050 resolution, a 2ms response and good colours or do I move up to 27.5" with 1920x1200, 3ms response and "ok" colours?

Doh!
The agony of choice. The Hanns G is calling me :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Small upate: Played a couple hoursof BC2 and WoW and still say for the money its well worth it. still agree about the colours being washed out but after 5 min of play didt think about at all. Would not worry about the response rate its spot on. I have a hanns 32" in the bedroom for two years its its never skipped a beat so im hoping this monitor follows :)

Associate
It arrived this morning.
I unboxed it and tested it on my PS3 initially, just to make sure there were no obvious problems. This is one huge monitor. It looked pretty good on the PS3, even though the resolution didn't really suit it. I tried a hi def movie (from the PS3) and it looked very impressive. The speakers sounded okay. "Adequate" is probably the word but no-one ever expects decent sound out of monitor speakers.

After removing my faithful Samsung 226BW I hooked up the Hanns G to my PC. It looks superb! The anti-reflective screen coating does it's job as well as the old Sammy. No dead pixels. I can't see any backlight bleed at all but I am going to check again when it's dark because I can't completely black out the windows in this room.

Bigbruiseral, I see what you mean about the colours being ever-so-slightly washed out but as you have already said, it's hardly worth bothering about. I reckon I could get some improvement if I fiddled about with the custom colour controls. Brightness is down to 30 at the moment.

I'll post some photos later. I've only been using it for 30 minutes so it's still early days but right now I would have to say that I am extremely pleased with my purchase. I can't wait to see what my games look like.

Thanks again Bigbruiseral :)

Associate
I've used the Windows 7 calibration wizard and the colours look so much better now.

Here are a couple of photos but they don't really do it justice.
The flash has washed out the colours on the first picture. I turned it off for the second photo.

Back
Top Bottom