• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Low Heat S775 CPUs

Associate
Hi All

I managed to get hold of a Zotax GeForce 9300 I-E ITX motherboard for a really good price, well free to be honest.

So im thinking what to do with it and what chip to put in there. Either way it wont be a massively used gaming rig with hard core everything. What i do want is a Dual Core CPU that is going to work with the PicoPSU 150w i have.

Now, is this possible? Im trying to find a CPU Support list for them but not having much luck and also trying to find what range of Intel S775 CPUs are less than 65w seems a bit hard, or are the 65w ones the lowest they go?

Im guessing mobile ones are even less but dunno if they will work or not?

Scott

Soldato
i'm using a pentium dual core e2180 in mine, i think that's the lowest power dual core series your going to find on skt 775 so i would suggest the 1.6 ghz e2140 for you.
there are also the celeron e1200 series that are dual core and 45nm instead of 65nm which may use slightly less power but are still 65w models.
if you can go single core there are chips like the celeron 450 2.2 ghz that are only 35w and are a fair bit quicker than a dual core atom.

Associate
I'm sure most of the 45nm dual cores will undervolt nicely, especially if you drop the speed a little.

They run insanely cool anyway too.

Do you have undervolting options on that motherboard?

Associate
Associate
OP
Yeah, from reading the reviews teh Zotac does undervolt, -0.10 is the max i think. Cant say ive ever undervolted anything but i will cross that bridge when i come to it?

There is a E2160 on MM for £30, so ive gone for that if the seller accepts. Hoping that will do me just fine?

I did look at the E7200 so thats a fall back i guess.

Back
Top Bottom