*** Splinter Cell: Conviction - Official Thread ***

Soldato
I have the game but it doesnt seem to be patched. Does it not have an autopatcher?
Yep but the patch is not yet out or some reason. Few guys claim to have it got it & posted the change log but since then no-one has been getting it & no word on Ubisoft either :rolleyes:

Soldato
AWPC, let me know how performance pans out as you progress, mate.

I started playing with everything maxed at 19x12 with 4xAA, but to hold a near constant 60fps I had to drop the AA.

Around mission 5 I had to lower my res to 1680x1050 with no AA (tested with and without) as it would badly stutter at certain points, still not great at 1680x1050, either.

I seem to be fiddling with the settings more than I'm playing it so have now decided to leave it alone until (hopefully) a patch sorts it out.

On a more positive note my 360 controller works fine with the game.

Running an i5 at 4.2GHz and a gtx 480 btw

Cheers
Up to chapter 5 now no slowdowns for me whatsoever with the GTX480 + x16QA regardless of the amount of onscreen chaos ;)

Soldato
I wonder why the lack of interest for this game?

Maybe the DRM is having a negative effect on sales?

I would purchase it if they removed the DRM.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just completed SP. Took me about 8 hours. Only way it could be done much quicker would be cheating your way through :rolleyes:

Not tried the Co-Op or Deniable Ops mode yet but can guess they offer a fair amount of gameplay time as well.

Gfx are very nice & highly detailed in several places it looks utterly stunning & is one of the best looking PC games for a long time. The shaders, glass reflections, use of coloured lighting & detailed texture work all combine to make it look special & I would say its the best looking SC game ever made :D Looks great & runs very well on a GTX260-216 + Q9450 with max gfx + x4AA. No slowdowns or stuttering.

Sometimes when the game switches between the ingame engine & the pre-rendered cutscene you get a tiny little microstutter jump but its hard to notice unless your looking for it! No in level loading that I could notice either & all loading is very fast anyway.

Music is epic & very movie like, sound FX are strong & loud :D

Ubisofts DRM is totally seamless & it also hosts the savegames so I swapped between my 2 PC's & it remembered exactly where I was. Did not have any issues whatsoever with the DRM & would say its something Ubisoft should stick with as they have implemented it very well here. Boycotting because of that alone is so juvenille & ludicrous when most PC gamers have a constant Internet connection anyway:rolleyes: they probably realise they actually may have to buy a game now to support PC gaming you know like they are supposed to since day 1 :rolleyes:

Only downsides I could find were:

1: Pre-rendered Bink FMV in places had a lot of compression artifcats they should have been rendered again for PC @ a higher resolution as they are obviously the same FMV as the console versions.

2: Wireless X360 gamepad needs a mod to work as the buttons are messed up due to Ubisoft using an older driver for the wirelesss gaming receiver. Easily fixed with a copy & past though ;)

3: SP is pretty small as the levels are not that big so obviously the 2 times that we know about where Ubisoft scrapped the entire game & started again really hurt the level size as I am guessing the entire game as released took just over a year which shows in the level size & lack of things to do in them although most scenary is destructable & blows up real well its lacking all the ingame things you could do in all the other SC games & has really been dumbed down gameplay wise into more of a cinematic cross between: MGS & COD MW2 to please the console kiddies :(

Associate
I am enjoying the game so far but I cant help but feel that some of the classic splinter cell magic has gone. I miss Sam's little comedy one liners, he is constantly in a bad mood now :(

Sho

Sho

Soldato
How does the mp work in the game?, everytime i search to to play mp, my pc freezes, so i have to do a hard reset :(

[email protected]
4 gig ram
asus p5q deluxe
74gb hd, 3 x 250gb hd
xfi xtreme music
gtx280
corsair 650 psu
window 7 64bit

anyone have any ideas? plz help

sho

Soldato
Well I just completed Chaos theory, now to play Double Agent, and then this! I love getting behind on game franchises sometimes.

Permabanned
am i the only one that thinks this is one of the last games or maybe THE last game from ubisoft that we'll see on the pc platform?

Soldato
am i the only one that thinks this is one of the last games or maybe THE last game from ubisoft that we'll see on the pc platform?

PoP is out in a few weeks... ;)

Would be very interesting to now what the Orbit DRM has done for sales.

I'm assuming that from a piracy perspective its been fairly sucessful. Its still not really cracked as the pirate has to complete the game to get all the values and so far every release has been buggy. All Ubi have to do is increase the complexity of the triggers which will make it v time consuming for the pirate.

I do like the whole Uplay thing with the extra unlocks and cloud based saves.

They should def have released this as 24: The Game though as it would have been perfect.

Back
Top Bottom