Specs?

specs/stats plaz.

Garret GT17 Turbo @6psi :(
Cituning manifold & downpipe
Front mounted intercooler
496cc Pico injectors
Innovate LC-1 wideband
Predator standalone ecu

Stock internals however hence why its running a safe'ish 6psi, Wossner forged lowcomps (9:1) pistons & PEC forged rods will be fitted hopefully in the new year finance's allowing, currently its running a 'realistic' 169.4bhp|161.9lb/ft torque @5216rpms which may not sound a lot but is a hand full and torque steer is really evident acclerating round corners.

Here's the graph if anyones intrested:-

rr-graph1.jpg

And a Predator (aftermarket) ECU..

<Has unholy thoughts regarding his stock VTR>

Boosting a VTR is imho not as fruitful as boosting a VTS, never the less I dont regret turboing mine at all and would recomend adding this upgrade...

ManC

Last edited:
Associate
170 ponies in a VTS chassis = :D

sounds an animal, any of the whole car?

Its being machine polished in the coming weeking ready for Rockingham speedway so will some better then, it is a handful and you need to be paying attention when driving vigorously :D

Looks great, t'aint all about uber headline figures :) I bet it's a proper little rocket!

Thanks, Your absolutley right about headline figures, its a shame a lot dont understand that thou.

Soldato
They really put a 1.6 litre engine in that? It's the size of a tank!!!

And load it up with a family, I bet you get the fuel economy of a V8!

They certainly do, 1.6i 16v petrol (they also do a 1.6 diesel), it averages around 37mpg fully laden.

I refuse to drive it unless absolutely necessary but she loves it. The plus side is that I can buy my own car, a car which I don't need to worry about putting car seats or pushchairs in so the only restriction is price.

Commissario
Not sure if this was aimed at me but I'll answer anyway.

Yes it was lol.

Hopefully going to be buying my girlfriend's dad's 182 with both cup packs. It's 5 years old and done just under 29,000 and is in fab nick. It hasn't been driven since January so I had to start it last night, battery was flat as a pancake. Queue an overnight charge and all was fine!

Soldato
Nice motor Scary! Mine looks almost identical, but not quite as high as its on coilovers ;)

Any plans for it yet?

A few plans. I need to get brand new Michelin's all round within the next 2 months. I also want to get a Milltek cat-back exhaust, Eibach Sportlines and possibly some Speedline Tuniris. Although the standard cup alloys have grown on me a lot :)

What do you have done to yours?

Soldato
Both, I dont use it everyday, but still quite a lot. I regularly drive to Heathrow in it :)

It is a bit noisy inside, hence why I've taken the radio out, as you can't hear it about 50mph!! oh...and the suspension is a bit firm too!

Back
Top Bottom