Aion Then and Now

Associate
I played aion when it first was released..(well i played the prereleasebeta/headstart and deicded to cancel before it arrived :D. It WAS good but nothing special. Has it changed any since it first started? I hear there is a lot of Spamming and Nob heads on there now. Is that true? Its on direct2drive for £14.99 so tempted to give it another go.

Soldato
i played it for a few weeks when it first came out and went back to it a fortnight ago. ive since stopped playing again though, its just far too grindy still and slow for my liking.
i didnt experience any spamming or idiots though and theres very few bots around anymore.
theres also a new patch being released in europe soon, 1.9 i think it is. it speeds up levelling a lot and a huge list of other stuff. it might be worhtwhile waiting for that to surface first, or take a punt on it and buy it now whilst its on that offer

Associate
OP
I thought the MMO universe came hand in hand with spammers and morons no matter where you looked?

agreed. its more the amount of morons i was asking about tho! Take wow for exssample..ive never been on an online game thats so racist, eliteest, childish, full of nerds who enjoy picking apart ppl who ask a question/make a tiny mistake. WHile other games like EVE, Lord of the rings online (so i hear) are more of your hardcore MMOplayers who are mature, willing to help newbies to the game and remember they were new once too:)

Soldato
agreed. its more the amount of morons i was asking about tho! Take wow for exssample..ive never been on an online game thats so racist, eliteest, childish, full of nerds who enjoy picking apart ppl who ask a question/make a tiny mistake. WHile other games like EVE, Lord of the rings online (so i hear) are more of your hardcore MMOplayers who are mature, willing to help newbies to the game and remember they were new once too:)

well to be fair wow had a good community in the original game , it's mostly bad now because of the introduction of arena and how easy it for bad players which creates elitests ( even though they suck themselfs lol)

Man of Honour

lol, just WoW? EVE and Lord of the rings online are probably exceptions. Most MMOs I have played have been full of "racist, eliteest, childish, full of nerds who enjoy picking apart ppl who ask a question/make a tiny mistake".

Associate
There is too much grind involved in levelling still in Aion, once you hit lvl 30 it becomes such a chore trying to reun fire temple every couple of hours to grind xp.

Saying this i want to go back and give it another month just because it was quite an exciting mmo at release.

Permabanned
lol, just WoW? EVE and Lord of the rings online are probably exceptions. Most MMOs I have played have been full of "racist, eliteest, childish, full of nerds who enjoy picking apart ppl who ask a question/make a tiny mistake".

This is exactly why you find yourself a bunch of decent people to play with and remove global channels from your chat tab unless in Mass PvP/Seiges/Organised events. Oh and ignore forums other than the announcements and class/build/quest etc sections lol.

MMO'ers in general are pigs, but it's easy enough to blinker them out.

Soldato
I played aion when it first was released..(well i played the prereleasebeta/headstart and deicded to cancel before it arrived :D. It WAS good but nothing special. Has it changed any since it first started? I hear there is a lot of Spamming and Nob heads on there now. Is that true? Its on direct2drive for £14.99 so tempted to give it another go.

depending on what class and level you actually played to I'd go as far to say you never really experienced what the game was all about ? Every MMo has children and idiots but then you only have to play BC2 for 10mins to see every genre and game contains penises !

Aion is not a user friendly MMo, yes there is an element of grind but it's not that hard to level up, the problem comes from casual players wanting to hit the cap in a week. Gameplay is where Aion shines but only if your into PvP, rifting and questing in the Abyss means a constant look over your shoulder but this adds to the tension and experience.

the game has many faults even game mechanics that seem broken or just plain daft, but with patch 1.9 (delayed) that was due to hit the servers in May a lot of problems seem to be addressed with XP rates seemingly raised to help people level faster. I prefer Lotro overall, but when I want gameplay with more of an edge and excitement I'll boot up Aion as the combat is significantly better than all other's in the genre.

Back
Top Bottom