Would 02 allow this?

Associate
Currently got a Bold 9700 on an 18 month contract with 02. Obviously being a BlackBerry i've had to get the BB bolt-on.

My boss has just bought me an iPhone on his business tarrif - the plan was to put my current sim card into the iPhone and use it as my personal phone, and the new sim card that came with my iPhone into my 9700 and using that as the work phone. However I won't get the 3G on the iPhone then will I?

Would 02 let me swap the bolt-ons on the packages over so I get the blackberry bolt on put onto the business contract and the web bolt on onto my personal? They're 2 separate accounts in 2 different names so im guessing not?

Associate
Nothing stopping you, but becareful with data charges. Any data you use with a non BB device you'll pay for if you have the BB bolt on. You'll have to have the plan changed to the internet bolt on.

Associate
OP
Well i've just spoken to 02, had the BB bolt-on switched over to unlimited web/data no problem and actually saved myself a few quid.

Just need to get my boss to get the BB bolt-on put onto the business tarrif now - however BB messenger etc is still working so maybe I don't need to?

Associate
Nothing stopping you, but becareful with data charges. Any data you use with a non BB device you'll pay for if you have the BB bolt on. You'll have to have the plan changed to the internet bolt on.
Not true at least on vodafone, ive got a storm 2 with bis on a voda contract and a iphone 3g. I use the voda sim in the iphone when i fancy a change and I dont get charged any extra when using data on the iphone.

Associate
Not true at least on vodafone, ive got a storm 2 with bis on a voda contract and a iphone 3g. I use the voda sim in the iphone when i fancy a change and I dont get charged any extra when using data on the iphone.

But thats on Vodafone, not O2. I know this for a fact as last month I had the BB bolt on for 4 days and incurred £100 worth of data charges.

Back
Top Bottom