Cockatiel has laid some eggs!

Associate
had 2 budgies and a pair of tiels.....unfortunately the budgies have passed on now, and so did the female cockatiel...Rusty the female tiel was a lovely sweet thing would be fussed etc...but when she laid eggs it turned into a war zone she would attack the male all the time he wanted to still mate and pester her.....she laid for 2 years constantly afterwards and eventually it killed her.

but the male is still going strong hes rolo or satan as i call him...he will sit on your shoulder hand etc and eat biscuits nick your sarnie but as soon as no food will hiss spit and attack u...but hes nice he likes attention and whistle matches all the time and destroying me filter tips and rizlas.

edit.... forgot to say grats and lovely looking birds

but as for being so aggresive has puzzled every 1 who sees him. but hes fun in his own way

hes got a bit of compotition now tho me other half got me a pair of budgies ..named them snowy and plank....and yep plank is thick...

does any 1 ever suffer the birds sit on your tv turn round and crap down the screen and then turn round again seems to be a hobby my 3 have got lol

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Crap on the TV? nope lol!

Sounds like a bit of a blast though with those lot!

Rambo can fly a bit now, he does almost 3 rounds of the room before losing energy and plummeting to the ground - It's weird because the other male (white one) will do a few rounds flying around then land somewhere and it's as if Rambo is being taught how to fly :p

Man of Honour
OP
Just wondering how they're getting on mrk.

Right now, they are sleeping ^_^

sleeping.png

But otherwise they're doing pretty well :p They fly properly now and they're still babies as they cry waa waa for food from the parents even though they look properly grown!

Soldato
Haha, they're fantastic.

How do you manage to get pictures without waking them? You could never sneak up on my budgie with a camera, as soon as you got within ten meters of the cage he'd see you. :p

Man of Honour
OP
Some sad (but promising) news today folks!

The female laid 2 more eggs which hatched and are currently waltzing around all active trying to copy the bigger birds :)D) and the first 2 that hatched went away today with a relative who has some at home too and wanted to introduce some new ones into their family.

It was quite sad because these two were so tame and so gentle, if you put your hand over either to pick them up they'd not freak out or run/fly away, they'd just be all cosy ;(

I get the impression the new babies will be pretty active because they're quite crafty and always wanting to explore - they're both white which might explain why as all the white feathered ones have so far been very active.

From this:
pikachick_1.jpg

To this:
sleeping.png

I'll get some pics of the new ones tomorrow :) they'll probably find new homes with friends/family close by so they too can be visited because watching 4 of these birds once they've learnt to fly is not an easy job however tame they are!

Back
Top Bottom